About to sand off the Orange lettering on frame (clearcoated)

Lost

I'm just scared that it won't come close to looking good again. But the RAD POWER is attracting too much attention where ebikes are illegal, and I want to be (slightly) more stealth.

Anyone done it?

I did the Luna Cycle triangle bag to hide the battery and I took a black marker to hide the white "Luna Cycle" stitching on the side. Maybe you can try some black or white tape the same color as your frame to see what it might look like with the words covered up.?

I'm just scared that it won't come close to looking good again. But the RAD POWER is attracting too much attention where ebikes are illegal, and I want to be (slightly) more stealth.

Anyone done it?

NO don't scrape it off man. You could spray paint over it in black plastic dip. Nice thing about that is you can peel it off if you ever wanted to go back. A guy I follow on Youtube did that to his white Rover. So it is black now and he can always go back to white if he wants.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11203-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B0006SU3QW/ref=sr_1_1

I am probably going to to do that myself. The orange is not horrible but I think the font it too large.

Or use some black vinyl. I would never scrape it off, just cover it.

E-Bikes are illegal where you ride?

In N.Y., it is grey murky waters. I have already been told the bike is not welcome in the county park by a ranger. The rover is my number 2 bike now, soon to spend its life for a while at work which is 130 miles away. Hopefully will not gather attention there, but I want to stealth it as much as possible.

So I bought a can of white, and a can of clear metallic. Gave it the two minute prep and sprayed. Might need one more coat of each, but I think it will get the job done. Little clean up of the top tube and be done with it!
plasti1.jpg

NO don't scrape it off man. You could spray paint over it in black plastic dip. Nice thing about that is you can peel it off if you ever wanted to go back. A guy I follow on Youtube did that to his white Rover. So it is black now and he can always go back to white if he wants.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11203-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B0006SU3QW/ref=sr_1_1

I am probably going to to do that myself. The orange is not horrible but I think the font it too large.

Or use some black vinyl. I would never scrape it off, just cover it.

E-Bikes are illegal where you ride?
You're talking about KobEVision on the 'Tube; I too follow his channel. Here's the episode:

Came out pretty good. You have to look hard to see the orange at all. I could spray more coats, that plastidip does not want to cover up like a true paint. But like mentioned, If I get tired of it, it will peel off. For now, mission accomplished. At least 6 coats on there.

I used simple colored adhesive. I love the improved look but also adds another layer of protection against scratches. Took a few hours to make a template I liked out of poster board, but now that templates are made I can simply cut out and reapply another set of stickers over and over again. I only used 3 templates, and just reversed the template for each side of the bike.

Attachments

• Pic 3.jpeg
    Pic 3.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 568
  • Pic 1.jpeg
    Pic 1.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 562
  • Pic 2.jpeg
    Pic 2.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 552
  • Pic10.jpg
    Pic10.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 575
Also nice job. Not my thing but nice job indeed!
I hate white. I hate white cars, bikes, electronics etc.. Something about white just makes things look childish to me.
I hate Apple products that are white as well. I am a PC/Android guy so don't worry about it. i:)i

But that is just my personal preference, good job.

Last edited:
Back