A bike with belt drive and IGH for Bafang conversion?

_ART7248.jpg
_ART7250.jpg
_ART7249.jpg
_ART7248.jpg _ART7250.jpg _ART7249.jpg I built mine last winter. Bafang HD, Gates belt drive and Rolhoff Speed Hub.

I built mine last winter. Bafang HD, Gates belt drive and Rolhoff Speed Hub.

Looks great!
May be you can start a new thread and post some details of how you got the Magura MT5 cutoff switch working and the carbon drive details.
How's the reliability of the HD system after few thousand miles?
Also, your seatpost looks like it's inverted 180' transverse.

Good call on the seat post, I did have it turned around 180 degrees. I discovered it during a twenty mile ride, My butt was getting sore.

The brake cut-off switch was no problem. I used a clear epoxy to glue on the magnets.
IMG_1107.jpg

I hired a machinist to make an adapter to align the front sprocket perfectly with the rear cog. I have had the adapter anodized black since the pictures were taken.
IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

I have only put about 700 miles on it this summer,but the motor is still running fantastic. I think it will continue to work great for many more miles.

@ Bob vd Dop, how is the Alfine 8 holding up to the Bafang after all that time?
Which Bafang was it actually?
Thanks

@ Bob vd Dop, how is the Alfine 8 holding up to the Bafang after all that time?
Which Bafang was it actually?
Thanks

The shimano Nexus 8 is doing great, the customer is using it in Switserland in the mountains, and he is loving it.
The mid-enige is a Bafang 36V 250Watts, but the controller is tuned by me.

The shimano Nexus 8 is doing great, the customer is using it in Switserland in the mountains, and he is loving it.
The mid-enige is a Bafang 36V 250Watts, but the controller is tuned by me.

We use Inter7 on all our Stunner bikes - they work great with Bafang BBS02 motors.

Yes, the black part holds the frame together.
Hi Bob vd Dop,
I am currently mid build trying to set up a BaFang BBS02 to run with a Gates belt drive using an Alfine 8 IGH. I had given up hope that this was even possible due to the chain line of the chainring being over 10mm outboard of the chain line of the rear sprocket. I notice that you have overcome this using a specific crank arm and spider arrangement which brings the chain ring inboard to be inline with the rear sprocket. Can you advise whether you purchased this crank arm or whether you manufactured it yourself. Also, can you advise what tooth chainring and sprocket you are using.
Thanks

Back