8fun 36volt 350 watt Hub drive on a 2010 E.G. Bali with 10 Ah. Li-ion ... Should I try to keep this Alive, Or simply invest in a New ride ??

Ian Moone

I bought this bike from a Co-worker for $400 and rode it home, but now I'm wondering if I made a bad impulse buy ? It's in Decent condition ... I think. I'm not even sure how many of these are out there ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190319_130859.jpg
    IMG_20190319_130859.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_20190312_170152.jpg
    IMG_20190312_170152.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 709
  • IMG_20190312_170050.jpg
    IMG_20190312_170050.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 733
  • IMG_20190312_170111.jpg
    IMG_20190312_170111.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 708
  • IMG_20190312_170135.jpg
    IMG_20190312_170135.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 718
Ride that ebike! You can't go wrong for what you've invested! That's a great price for any ebike.
Of course, the bike is old based on the controller mfg date, but that doesn't equate to beat or used up. The Bali looks new like maybe it had little use. What matters for any bike is how well it was maintained. With regard to an ebike, the number of recharge cycles and overall battery condition are what determines an ebikes value. What's great is that you paid $400 for a complete ebike where the cost of a new battery alone would be more than that amount!

I owned an EG Zurich 350IX. It was a great commuter bike for more than 4 years and 8400 miles. I would still be riding it today except the frame broke. I've saved most of the components, including a relatively new 36 volt 12Ah battery (the second battery for the bike had about 190 recharge cycles and is rated for 300-600 cycles). If you are looking for a second battery that fits exactly to your Bali's rack I will sell mine for a low price. Anyhow I have since upgraded my ebike to a Juiced CCX which is a phenomenal bike!

Keep having fun rediscovering that youthful freedom of flying along on two wheels!

Ride that ebike! You can't go wrong for what you've invested! That's a great price for any ebike.
Of course, the bike is old based on the controller mfg date, but that doesn't equate to beat or used up. The Bali looks new like maybe it had little use. What matters for any bike is how well it was maintained. With regard to an ebike, the number of recharge cycles and overall battery condition are what determines an ebikes value. What's great is that you paid $400 for a complete ebike where the cost of a new battery alone would be more than that amount!

I owned an EG Zurich 350IX. It was a great commuter bike for more than 4 years and 8400 miles. I would still be riding it today except the frame broke. I've saved most of the components, including a relatively new 36 volt 12Ah battery (the second battery for the bike had about 190 recharge cycles and is rated for 300-600 cycles). If you are looking for a second battery that fits exactly to your Bali's rack I will sell mine for a low price. Anyhow I have since upgraded my ebike to a Juiced CCX which is a phenomenal bike!

Keep having fun rediscovering that youthful freedom of flying along on two wheels!
Thanks for the reply, I think this battery is the Original with the bike when he bought it new. It Still shows proper voltage after charge, but being 9 years Old, I'm skeptical on its performance ! ?

I wouldn't call an ebike a financial investment. not when it loses 30-40 % the minute you leave the shop with it. It could be, however, an investment in your health, if you ride it regularly.

If the bike meets your needs, put on a new rack battery and it will probably run until that new battery wears out,

I wouldn't call an ebike a financial investment. not when it loses 30-40 % the minute you leave the shop with it. It could be, however, an investment in your health, if you ride it regularly.

If the bike meets your needs, put on a new rack battery and it will probably run until that new battery wears out,
IF you READ my thread , This is USED from a Co-worker! Read Closer next time. ?Thanks.

Yep. Your bike is used. Your title wants to "invest" in a new ebike. A $2800 Bosch would be fun, but it's not an investment.

I had a $290 cashback from a credit card a few weeks ago. I put that into my S&P500 index fund. If you want to call that speculation, that's fair. I think it's investing.

$290 would probably buy a good enough rack battery.

Hi again, John . I was thinking about your Extra battery for your E.G.Zurich , you mentioned it's 36volts/12Ah. Is it physically Larger than the stock 36volt/ 10Ah ?? If not then Yes I'm interested in it. I was just hoping it would slide in my rack without modifications. ?. If you want, PM me at [email protected]

Hi again, John . I was thinking about your Extra battery for your E.G.Zurich , you mentioned it's 36volts/12Ah. Is it physically Larger than the stock 36volt/ 10Ah ?? If not then Yes I'm interested in it. I was just hoping it would slide in my rack without modifications. ?. If you want, PM me at [email protected]
I've sent you an email with photos

Back