Cathedrals Cycle Route UK - Questions.

BikeOn

Cathedrals Cycle Route UK - Questions. Advice please. Hoping to find some riders that have explored this route - maybe riden the whole 2,000 miles or portions thereof. Maybe some advice on the "best" 500 miles" of the route. I'm hoping to put together a two or so month EU trip (from USA) - buy a ebike and ride some epic routes. I did some searching on this site and so far have not found any posts on this cathedral route - but maybe missed them. Would love to hear more about it. Also wondering if anyone can recommend a good RECENT book, website, or other info about EU bike touring and ferry/train/car rental travel. I traveled quite a bit in USA with a van and a couple ebikes, but very unfamiliar with EU bike routes except what I've read here and you tube/online. I've traveled in 23 of the 44 EU countries. (Sorry if I am offending people by including UK in EU - it's onlly for ease of conversation but if it is a big "no no" tell me and I will stop.) The countries I am looking at touring are on the west coast side of EU, as pretty much been to all the Eastern countries. (specifically including Germany and south and west of Germany). I was also thinking about Ferry travel up Norway and then riding at popular/interesting stops and catching the next ferry. I saw an expensive bike cruise itenary that followed this route and thought I could do the same thing with ferry travel. Seat 61 website has good info on it about train travel and some ferry travel. He talks about "bikes" on the trains, but I wasn't able to find info about "ebikes" specifically. Whatever bike I get it will not be a throttle bike. I've been looking at Brompton Ebike for this trip, but not sure - plan to buy second hand. Would probably rent a small car for portions of the trip. Any advice or thoughts is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

Back