Bike Rack for Trek Verve+4S Lowstep

Pete 6016

I currently ride a Vado 4.0 SL with a top bar. Because of mobility issues and age I need a low step and am looking at the Trek Verve. It just dawned on me that my Hollywood bike rack with ratchet shepherd hook for the top bar won’t work. Wondering if anyone out there has a Trek Verve+4s and what bike rack you have.

If you still like your Vado, a dropper seatpost might solve your problem, too.

I currently ride a Vado 4.0 SL with a top bar. Because of mobility issues and age I need a low step and am looking at the Trek Verve. It just dawned on me that my Hollywood bike rack with ratchet shepherd hook for the top bar won’t work. Wondering if anyone out there has a Trek Verve+4s and what bike rack you have.
Agree with McCorby above — consider using a Bike Beam. My friend uses them on their step-through bikes on a Hollywood carrier.

Otherwise, per a carrier, we carry my wife’s 4s and my two Allants very safely and securely for 2K miles cross country on our Kuat rack. Very quick loading and off loading.

I have a R&M Nevo 3, a step through, and use a Thule EasyFold X2. The arm fastens to the seat post. Good carrier and Thule provided great post-purchase service. But in your case, the Bike Beam seems like the most economical solution.

Agree with McCorby above — consider using a Bike Beam. My friend uses them on their step-through bikes on a Hollywood carrier.

Otherwise, per a carrier, we carry my wife’s 4s and my two Allants very safely and securely for 2K miles cross country on our Kuat rack. Very quick loading and off loading.
Thanks so much for all the helpful replies. I’m going to start with the Beam and see how that goes. If it makes me too nervous I’ll go with a Thule or Kuat and sell my Hollywood. I did also just hear of a rack called 1UP that works with a low step. So a number of choices. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for all the helpful replies. I’m going to start with the Beam and see how that goes. If it makes me too nervous I’ll go with a Thule or Kuat and sell my Hollywood. I did also just hear of a rack called 1UP that works with a low step. So a number of choices. Thanks again.
Pete, I see you are in Superior. I am in Madison. If you cannot locate a beam and it would be worth your trouble, I have 2 beams I don’t use. My brother gave them to me and I never had a need.

Pete, I see you are in Superior. I am in Madison. If you cannot locate a beam and it would be worth your trouble, I have 2 beams I don’t use. My brother gave them to me and I never had a need.
Thanks for the kindly offer but it’d be a hassle for you to send one to me. I’d been in your neck of the woods a while back on my way to a brewer game but no plans to be back down until next year. They’re only about $50 so I’ll just order one.

I transport my verve 4s on a Thule EasyFold X2. I clamp it to the small tubing at the step thru. Never a problem and have taken it thousands of miles. The Thule is six years old and is still fine after numerous trips with one or two e-bikes.

I bought a Lmacwey step-through electric bicycle, lightweight, long range, has an adjustable frame, is very convenient. In your case, I suggest you ask the seller to pay the difference and exchange it. Or go to your local repair shop to modify.

Back