Solar Charger for XP 3.0

powerscol

Region
USA
I have close to 600 watts of solar on my RV. Does anyone know of a compatible DC-DC charger (12v to 48V)? Per Lectric thier charger output is : 54.6Vdc 2.0A That way I can charge a spare battery during the day. Also what is the max charge rate for Lectric batterys. Given the size and type, I am guessing 4A

I have close to 600 watts of solar on my RV. Does anyone know of a compatible DC-DC charger (12v to 48V)? Per Lectric thier charger output is : 54.6Vdc 2.0A That way I can charge a spare battery during the day. Also what is the max charge rate for Lectric batterys. Given the size and type, I am guessing 4A
Be interesting to see if there is something, but why go to the (whatever) expense rather than just plugging your existing charger into the inverter?

Use the inverter. works great. Probably best with a pure sine wave inverter. The inverter can be connected to your RV battery with the included spring clips if it's a small inverter or just plug into any outlet in your RV if it's a whole house inverter. The solar panels don't power anything they just charge the batteries and the batteries power the outlets through the inverter.

Running the inverter takes additional power, so just using the solar power or my DC-DC truck to RV( increases charge rate on the RV batterys) and use a 12v DC-DC (12-48 charger) is more efficient - especially while driving. I don't always get hookups when traveling. I am able to boon-doc for about 4 days before having to get shore power) hookups or fire up the portable generators. With all of the E-bikes out there and the RV's that have them I am surprised there is not an ebike charger for RV 12V power.

I am able to boon-doc for about 4 days before having to get shore power) hookups or fire up the portable generators. With all of the E-bikes out there and the RV's that have them I am surprised there is not an ebike charger for RV 12V power.
Curious, how many AHr of house battery do you have? LiFePO4?

Now I just thought of something. My 2022 F350 does have an on board 400W inverter I could try. There are 120v plugs in the cab. I need to see if it is pure dine wave or not.

I have 520AH of flooded (4 - 260 ah 6V in series parallel) - will be switching to LiFePO4 in another year or so.
Charging an ebike battery with an inverter should be insignificant on that system, especially with LiFePO4.

Back