BMX bars for XP 3.0 without Davidbrandnew....

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
Pictures will follow, my phone dumped them for some reason. Originally I flipped the stock giraffe stem that originally came on my XP 3.0. Before, it was to far of a reach, after flipping it it was a tad to close. I had a set of GT 4 piece bmx bars laying around, the tallest one they make. I recall a 9.5 or 10 inch rise, aka-TALL. I ordered the Davidbrandnew turtle neck neck stem. Not the shorty one though. I swapped everything over to the new bars (kinda a pain in the butt) and installed the folding stem. Boy was the final result tall! So I removed the folding stem and decided to just attach the bmx style stem directly to the fork. Everything on the XP 3.0 is weird sized so I ordered some parts from Porkchop BMX. I'll post up pictures and all the gruesome details when the small parts arrive. Last time I messed with a bmx stem it was a quill style GT Mallet stem. I'm way out of the loop on modern bmx tech!

I tried to make it simple and order a shorty stem direct from Davidbrandnew but on his site it's sold out, his Amazon site is sold out (with no ETA on restock) and his email address comes back as a inactive account. Very strange as last I heard he quit his job to sell conversion kits full time. I hope all is well in his camp. So expect some pictures and a follow-up as soon as I figure it out.I don't need the flip option.

Pictures will follow, my phone dumped them for some reason. Originally I flipped the stock giraffe stem that originally came on my XP 3.0. Before, it was to far of a reach, after flipping it it was a tad to close. I had a set of GT 4 piece bmx bars laying around, the tallest one they make. I recall a 9.5 or 10 inch rise, aka-TALL. I ordered the Davidbrandnew turtle neck neck stem. Not the shorty one though. I swapped everything over to the new bars (kinda a pain in the butt) and installed the folding stem. Boy was the final result tall! So I removed the folding stem and decided to just attach the bmx style stem directly to the fork. Everything on the XP 3.0 is weird sized so I ordered some parts from Porkchop BMX. I'll post up pictures and all the gruesome details when the small parts arrive. Last time I messed with a bmx stem it was a quill style GT Mallet stem. I'm way out of the loop on modern bmx tech!

I tried to make it simple and order a shorty stem direct from Davidbrandnew but on his site it's sold out, his Amazon site is sold out (with no ETA on restock) and his email address comes back as a inactive account. Very strange as last I heard he quit his job to sell conversion kits full time. I hope all is well in his camp. So expect some pictures and a follow-up as soon as I figure it out.I don't need the flip option.
I'm interested in the SHORTY kit as well...but this dude needs to get serious about things if he wants to do this full time. His stuff is always SOLD OUT (meaning he doesn't have enough units made ahead of time due to insufficient stash). The sold out thing is getting really old. Nobody is going to sit on their heels everyday checking to see when his stuff will be available again. Also I have 2 issues with his pricing...1) If you order a kit without a stem adapter, there is no savings (the price is the same whether you need the adapter or not) So not cool. 2) The more complicated kit that uses a telescoping stem is actually CHEAPER than the SHORTY model which has no ability to adjust the stem height. He needs to get a marketing partner big time.

I see that he lists Lectric as an "Affiliate" on his site. Anyone have a guess what's happening there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428-134203.png
    Screenshot_20240428-134203.png
    40 KB · Views: 18
I think the "Affiliate" is just a confirmed fitment thing, as in he has installed a few of his products on their ebikes. I don't see a ebike company selling his product on their website but they might recommend his products for charging handlebars and such. I also have to note that I got a reply from DavidBrandNew concerning restock, so I guess all is good on his end. I'm still going to try and skip the whole folding stem thing though, just waiting on the small bundle of pars to arrive. Will do a how-to if all goes well.

I got everything put back together but I didn't get an invoice with my order so I don't know what size of what that I received. I will post pictures and try and figure out what stuff I used. Only thing I know is the GT 4-piece bars are stupid wide and the lack of back sweep (new school bmx bars are flat) combined with the height of the bars make them uncomfortable. Not going to swap out another set of bars. I might just pass the XP 3.0 on to a new owner. The battery just frustrates me to no end. I have to pull it and charge it at work and that means fiddling with the stupid key location.

It works but needs a bit of cleaning up.

Attachments

• 20240505_182925.jpg
    20240505_182925.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240505_182939.jpg
    20240505_182939.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240505_182952.jpg
    20240505_182952.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 12
I got everything put back together but I didn't get an invoice with my order so I don't know what size of what that I received. I will post pictures and try and figure out what stuff I used. Only thing I know is the GT 4-piece bars are stupid wide and the lack of back sweep (new school bmx bars are flat) combined with the height of the bars make them uncomfortable. Not going to swap out another set of bars. I might just pass the XP 3.0 on to a new owner. The battery just frustrates me to no end. I have to pull it and charge it at work and that means fiddling with the stupid key location.
If you sell the XP...the Ride1Up PORTOLA would be a perfect replacement. It is a folding eBike with everything the XP has... but with a larger 750 watt motor..!!!...but the thing I love about it...it's the same price and it has an easy-out battery built into the drop tube. You don't have to unfold the bike and mess with that lousy key stuff with the PORTOLA. I would get this bike every day of the week over the XP.

Back