Massive sale at Specialized U.K. 50% off.

Rás Cnoic

Hmmm. Loads of rumours swirling around in industry. This might be just a local sale getting rid of some of the post covid stockpiles before new models pop, but also this sale is reminding me of what Kona did a couple of months ago (2 for 1 sale) in what now looks like their desperation - as of this week Kona are being sold off by owners, possibly shut down.

No Vados in the sale that I could see but Teros and emtbs and loads of high end analogue bikes.

We also have a Specialized sale in Poland with some less popular models getting very good prices.
The fact Vado SL are sold at a very good discount (but not at 50% off) makes me think a space for new models is being made.

Turbo Tero X 4.0, at 1/2 price in Germany.....somehing is happening

Turbo Tero X 4.0, at 1/2 price in Germany.....somehing is happening
Same in Poland but only on that model.

1713965045612.png

You can even offer a 100% discount if an e-bike is unavailable :D

It could be that the Teros are just not that popular. I've only seen one Tero X in the wild and it's a handsome looking machine I would grab with both hands if I won it in a competition etc but I wonder about sales because there are just so many full sus or hardtail emtbs out there, every manufacturer has at least one or two and yes the tero x comes with mudguards and rack as an all weather SUV type but most people are happy with their emtb as is, or a Vado EQed for commuting.

Time will tell if this is just getting rid of models not selling as well & the glut of excess bikes post covid. Or if things are truly desperate. As somebody commented on youtube just now "Specialized is drowning in bikes"

That was fast. Yesterday it was widely available in many sizes. Guess I missed out. was a bit unsure of the small 50 nm engine though. Tried a 35nm SL motor which I found quite feeble and not really what I was looking for in a commuter.

In ant event, I still reference my other post that states: "Again, not wanting to start a plethora of disputes, arguments, etc., these are MY opinions. So, for all intents and purposes, please bookmark this thread and revisit it in about 2-3 years and let me know how my crystal ball worked out".

Let me know next year if I should be the new 'Crystal Ball' predictor, of if I'm full of bull sxit.

In ant event, I still reference my other post that states: "Again, not wanting to start a plethora of disputes, arguments, etc., these are MY opinions. So, for all intents and purposes, please bookmark this thread and revisit it in about 2-3 years and let me know how my crystal ball worked out".

Let me know next year if I should be the new 'Crystal Ball' predictor, of if I'm full of bull sxit.
I don't share your concerns, Guru.

I had a look at some interesting offers of the current Specialized sale (it's certainly run by Specialized Europe GmbH in Switzerland). Say, the Vado SL 4.0 for €1900 including tax. What's available? Not the most popular colour at all and only sizes L or XL. This applies to every e-bike model available at the special sale price. Try to find the Vado SL 5.0 EQ, though. No discount, no e-bike available online.

This is a clear indication that Specialized is 'emptying' its warehouses to make room for new deliveries. What was particularly interesting was how many Epic bikes were on sale. The reason is very simple: Specialized has just released the new Epic 8, so the brand wants to get rid of the now obsolete models.

Is the former Dyson executive effective? I can't say anything about the global company, but at least the organisation has been brought into a healthy shape in Poland; there are no longer any dealers who can't reach their sales quota. Poland is managed by a distributor in the Czech Republic. The brand recently held another Specialized Days to promote the new Epic 8 model, with a large fleet of demo Epics brought in from the Czech Republic and made available to the public. If I wasn't afraid, I could just take their most expensive S-Works model and try it out!

The old demo fleet was sold out of Specialized Warsaw and supplemented with the latest models.

Specialized doesn't strike me as a company struggling these days. They are simply doing what they did before the pandemic: They make sales to make room for new bikes. As in any business, such as clothing.

Last edited:
Back