Where to find the battery rubber plug cap of Reention batteries?

Reention batteries use several different types of port covers. I also lost the covers on two of my Reention "dolphin" style downtube batteries. I use these plastic plugs as a port cap:

I posted this on the subject a while back:

If your battery is the same style, the caps should fit. They stay in place well and you just use your fingernails to remove them. They should be available on Amazon/eu.

Thank you I'll look into that! My plug is a DC 5.5x2.1 plug so I don't think you can find them.

Last edited:
Those should work but without attaching the retaining ring to the battery, they will tend to get lost. You could attach the ring to the battery connector but on my battery, it means removing the battery case and un soldering the connector.

The caps I linked above get lost as well but they are so cheap, I just keep a supply in my bike bag.

Hey, whatever works!

I'll probably use a very resistant but not permanent glue to attach a part of the string of the retaining ring to the battery case to lower the chance of it falling off. I'm not removing the battery case for sure 😅
I bought 10 for €3 so it's fine :)

just the rubber part

We have half a dozen of these for Reention IR-5,7, plus models and we are located in Atlantic Canada if you are local.

1709963962090.png

Back