Possible Thermal protector problem in my battery.

wings02

The past two times I took out my bike for a ride, the battery shut off 15 miles into my ride. My battery meter was showing arounf 1/2 of the bars and my voltage was around 49.9 on my 52 volt battery. I was riding on flat ground at around 25MPH at a setting of 3. I have biked over 20 miles previously with the power setting above 3. The battery switch did turn back on the next day. I would think I am dealing with a faulty battery thermal protector. Does that sound right? If so, is there a fix to this problem or does the battery need to be replaced? Just a note, my bike is around two years old with only 350 miles on it. This is the second battery. The first one was replaced by Juiced due to a faulty BMS. Any thoughts about my present problem would be appreciated!

The past two times I took out my bike for a ride, the battery shut off 15 miles into my ride. My battery meter was showing arounf 1/2 of the bars and my voltage was around 49.9 on my 52 volt battery. I was riding on flat ground at around 25MPH at a setting of 3. I have biked over 20 miles previously with the power setting above 3. The battery switch did turn back on the next day. I would think I am dealing with a faulty battery thermal protector. Does that sound right? If so, is there a fix to this problem or does the battery need to be replaced? Just a note, my bike is around two years old with only 350 miles on it. This is the second battery. The first one was replaced by Juiced due to a faulty BMS. Any thoughts about my present problem would be appreciated!
See my reply to your previous post.

Back