Pedal Assist

firebolt

Region
USA
I am still a newbie at this. I have a Cannondale Quick Neo SL and I can't figure out how to tell when the pedal assist kicks in. Am I missing something, or is there something that notifies the rider??

See https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/...rguideiwoconequickuserguide-enesdefritpt.ashx
First, charge the bike, the LED light will change color during charging but when it remains white the bike is fully charged. Then after you turn on the system, short press the iWocOne button and the LED should change color to indicate the assist level, Level 1=green, level 2=orange, level 3=red. You might not feel much of a difference in level 1 but you should definitely feel the bike assisting you in levels 2 and 3. If you can't feel anything, or if the LED light is pink, take the bike back to the shop for them to diagnose the problem.

Last edited:
I am still a newbie at this. I have a Cannondale Quick Neo SL and I can't figure out how to tell when the pedal assist kicks in. Am I missing something, or is there something that notifies the rider??
Welcome aboard! I can easily feel the assist on my torque-sensing rear hub-drive— even at the lowest assist level. Maybe you just need to know what to feel for.

Try this: Find a short test loop, maybe just around the block — preferably something with at least a little uphill. Ride it once with assist off, then again at each assist level. If your assist is working properly, should be pretty clear after that.

My display also indicates which level I'm in and how much power the motor's putting out at the time. But I seldom look at it, as I'm nearly always in assist level 1/9, and the controller does its job well. I'd be more interested if it showed my own power input, but that's for my next ebike.

Back