New Portola Folding Bike

BigNerd

Ride1Up finally has a folding bike:

Also featured in Electrek:

This looks really good. Was considering the XP 3.0 but the design of the Portola is nice (and I also like that matte Indigo color).

Plus first 50 order get $100 off and the extended range battery is only an additional $100.

Lectric has some competition!

I ended up ordering one so my short daughter can join in on the group rides. She is 4'10" so it should be interesting to see if it actually fits her.
They created the shipping ticket yesterday, but has yet to be turned over to FedEx.

If I wanted a folding bike with 20 inch wheels I would get an Lectric 3.0. We have 4 e bikes and the Ride1up is the worst. Uncomfortable, smaller battery and range, chain keeps falling off despite trying several solutions including adding a chain guide. Their customer service also seems lackluster,.

Got the Portola today. No issues with it. Have about 8 miles on it so far. Feels weird going back to a cadence based bike.

If I wanted a folding bike with 20 inch wheels I would get an Lectric 3.0. We have 4 e bikes and the Ride1up is the worst. Uncomfortable, smaller battery and range, chain keeps falling off despite trying several solutions including adding a chain guide. Their customer service also seems lackluster,.
Been watching videos and spec-wise the Portola seems better.

The Altus derailleur, thumb throttle (instead of twist) and being able to take the battery out without folding are advantages to me.

Trying to find an XP 3.0 vs Portola video.

Anyone 5' 10 " ride this bike? Comfortable? Anyone add a child seat? If so, what was your experience
I am 5'10" and have the portola. It is comfortable to ride, my issue is coming from a bike with wide handlebars to the Portola and it feels twitchy to me. I am sure if I rode it more that feeling would go away. But it is a spare for the kids so they can ride with me.

I am 5'10" and have the portola. It is comfortable to ride, my issue is coming from a bike with wide handlebars to the Portola and it feels twitchy to me. I am sure if I rode it more that feeling would go away. But it is a spare for the kids so they can ride with me.
THX. Does the handle bar seem too far forward or lower than it might be? I like an upright position.

Handle bar position is fine on it for me. It is an upright position.

Back