52V battery on CCS?

BigJosh

Can this be done by "JUST" adding battery?
No mods or upgrading controller?
New charger, of course...

That's correct. Somewhere Tora said that they always intended these bikes to be used with 52 or 48V batteries. As someone on the list said -- @Thomas Jaszewski perhaps -- most any controller that can handle 48V can handle 52.

Yes, new charger.

I'm looking at CCS2 with 52V battery. Frame says 48V.
Gentleman says he ordered bike with 52V battery and was shipped/installed as such.
Same with my CCS - bought just before the CCX came out. They upgraded to 52V but still says 48V on the frame.

It will ride fine but your battery level indication will probably always show full (or nearly full.) I believe the 52V displays are programmed differently to account for the ~4V higher system voltage.

It will ride fine but your battery level indication will probably always show full (or nearly full.) I believe the 52V displays are programmed differently to account for the ~4V higher system voltage.
Yes, that’s what I’ve noticed as well. Easy to adjust and just remember what 40% is in terms of the number (non bar) left

would upgrading to the 52v require form factor change or is the battery the same physical size? thanks!

Last edited:
would upgrading to the 52v require form factor change or is the battery the same physical size? thanks!
For batteries offered by Juiced as of today -- it could change, it often does -- the 52V batteries are wide format (13 and 19 amp hours), and the 48 volt batteries (8.8 and 12. 8 Ah) are narrow format.

Back