Civante Fork, recall?/?

Greentween

Region
USA
Just a heads up::: Not really a recall.
Your Civante make odd noise? Some Civante forks were made wrong apparently.

Well with my other post about the frame, Yamaha support told my dealer "There was a new technical message that came out from Yamaha in Japan regarding the Civante, indicating that the fork needs to be replaced, as some of the forks on these were out of tolerance. This apparently was recently issued from Japan engineering."

I say BS but anyway...
I'm sure they wont contact you or your dealer about the bad fork they installed. So maybe force your dealer to find out if true and if it affects your bike.

My Yamaha dealer has not been helpful with my Civante fork issue. The dealer is telling me to work directly with Yamaha (who previously told me to work directly with dealer). I am now in contact with Drew Englemann, who is the brand manager for e-bikes at Yamaha. Hoping to to get a new frame/fork assembly soon. I understand that many Yamaha Wabash owners have the same fork issue. Drew's email is [email protected].

Wow, I'm surprised you were able to get a email or contact info for a person at Yamaha. I tried several times calling Yamaha customer relations and hit roadblock each time. They said there was nobody I could contact or be transferred to. MUST to go thru local dealer -- which that guy quit selling them so basically up the creek without paddle. Local guy I bought it from wouldn't even share any contact info which he did have at Yamaha - even tough he quit being dealer.

My suggestion is to just buy a fork and fix it yourself. I have post here about it which you probably saw. Much personal satisfaction in fixing it without those Yahoos help.

Back