Stromer in the USA

bluecat

With the most recent press release, Stromer claims to ramped up salesforce in the US. They mentioned a double digit growth rate world wide and a strong grow of the US market in 2022. The former head of sales Tomi Viiala now becomes Co-CEO together with Karl Ludwig Kley who was joining Stromer from PMG Frankfurt.

You may heard, Thömus opened a shop in Santa Monica. Yes, I'm talking about Thomas "Thömu" Binggeli, the inventor of the Stromer. And this exciting bike shop will also be a Stromer dealer. If, however you may meet Anja there, is out of my knowledge.

SC_SH7707_GENF_ALINGHI_D196212.jpg

Thomas_Anja_Binggeli_inside_Shop_2.jpg

Attachments

• STROMER_fact Sheet-2023.pdf
    320.5 KB · Views: 210
I invested in several Stromers: more than $40,000. It has been nothing but a disastrous experience. I just bought a new battery. . . over $2000. It was sitting for so long at the Stromer warehouse that it fell into a state of "deep discharge". By the time it arrived, it was DOA. It has a two year waranty, but how do I return it when my Stromer bike is my only form of transportation. The hashtag for Stromer is now "unreliable". The bikes will leave you stranded. So much for trying to get on a bike and keep cars and thus smog to a minimum. Stromer is killing us. DO NOT BUY!!

I hope they grow in the US.
My nearest dealer is now 260 miles away. 🙁
Yeah while I have a local “dealer” that doesn’t stock anything and will only work on those that know they are a dealer. Doesn’t have anything on their website. Just 1 sticker on the door.

After a brief conversation they openly stated the issue is Stromer US service is non-existent and makes everything an ordeal to work on and diagnose.

I do love my ST2 but if it starts giving me issues I’m gonna bail quick.

I have zero dealer around me, but I call Stromer U.S. service and they have been nothing but great to me to help me diagnose a problem or send me parts to replace.

From Stromer Direct because I do not have a Dealer within the miles they required, and they shipped to me both bikes. I have a ST2 and a ST5 love them both.

From Stromer Direct because I do not have a Dealer within the miles they required, and they shipped to me both bikes. I have a ST2 and a ST5 love them both.
There is the difference. Stromer told me in an email they do not support any bicycle not purchased through their dealer network.

Stromer is killing us. DO NOT BUY!!

Bought by mail order?

In fact, it's sad to the the different service levels of Stromer dealers in various countries. One of my standard advices which I give to potential new Stromer customers is: "Ein Stromer ist nur so gut wie sein Mechaniker". Without LBS with Stromer experience, you'll get lost if it comes to a non-bicycle-part failure.

Bought by mail order?

In fact, it's sad to the the different service levels of Stromer dealers in various countries. One of my standard advices which I give to potential new Stromer customers is: "Ein Stromer ist nur so gut wie sein Mechaniker". Without LBS with Stromer experience, you'll get lost if it comes to a non-bicycle-part failure.
I love how you say mail order when I can mail order through Stromer directly and you try to let them off the hook.

“Stromer won’t support a new bike purchased through a non-Stromer dealer”

“Well it’s your fault for not buying directly through Stromer instead of who Stromer sells through.”

You talk like you work for Stromer US’s PR team.

You talk like you work for Stromer US’s PR team.

I rather share my experiences from Switzerland and Germany.

Stromer US said:

Bikes: All bikes ordered online may be picked up at your local Stromer Retailer free of charge. Alternatively, we offer the Velofix Direct home delivery option for a $250 fee. Bikes can be ordered online online in California, Oregon, Florida, New York, Illinois, Washington, and Texas.

The final assembly of a Stromer might be (meanwhile) possible for a handy man. But more than any other commuter bike from any competitor, a Stromer contains a lot of proprietary parts. It's upon the customer to make the balance between risk and price. As I bought my Stromer, the dealer was 100 km away. This caused many days off (instead of vacation) for travelling with my Stromer in the trunc. I've learned my lesson.

Back