EUNORAU D6

When this bike was first launched on INDIEGOGO I considered getting one. In the end, I didn't. I was risk averse. Does anyone have one? I circled back to the INDIEGOGO site and EUNORAU seems to have missed the deadlines and also delivered the bike with mechanical brakes instead of the hydraulic brakes as promised. This doesn't seem like the first time they have advertised something and delivered lesser capabilities.

Here is a link to the discussion. A lot of complaints...

EUNORAU run don’t walk. Another factory direct bike that makes YOU the warranty service agent.

They also over promise and under deliver. I know when I was considering them, I couldn't find many reviews. Most of the post in this section are from their company. The next time they do an Indiegogo campaign, people may find this thread.....

They also over promise and under deliver. I know when I was considering them, I couldn't find many reviews. Most of the post in this section are from their company. The next time they do an Indiegogo campaign, people may find this thread.....
With all that's available... I find it hard to understand why anyone would consider this type of purchase.
Perhaps if only as an addition to the stable with no time restraints and would be totally unaffected by a complete loss.

What they promised was a lot. I think it was $1,100 for a mid-drive, 'light', hydraulic brakes, and integrated battery. There wasn't anything even close to that price / value proposition...... Ordering a brand new bike that no one has bought and reviewed is a roll of the dice.....

I guess it depends on your risk tolerance..... I don't think much else was/is available for that initial offer price??

It's a nice day today for a quick ride with the new D6. I'll let you you know how it compares to our Espin Aero's (single speeds, 3 PAS, 250/350 W 8amp hub motors). We routinely climb those in our hilly town and they have perform impressively this past year, way better than what we had first assumed for such inexpensive entry level ebikes and will probably keep them both (being so simple and light weight) for others to try while we begin dabbling in mid drives and why the D6. See if it worth the risk.

I'm interested in the mid-drive torque sensor experience. Have you driven a bosch, shimano, or yamaha mid drive? I don't see the manufacturer mentioned on the Eunorau D6 web page.

I'm interested in the mid-drive torque sensor experience. Have you driven a bosch, shimano, or yamaha mid drive? I don't see the manufacturer mentioned on the Eunorau D6 web page.
So am I.

I am aware of and have only read various reviews and comparison and have not ridden the three stellar brands you mentioned, nor the Brose, which I also like and am very intrigued with too (Ride1Up Prodigy XC ($2350) I mentioned with its 90 nm rating, great spec's and motor cutoff ability when shifting and that may be my next ebike in continuing this low buck "experimentation". This ebike scene can be/is a semi-cheap hobby (compared to other$), it is healthy, something to do with others and fun, especially for me playing with all the mental exercising. I'm not a big believer in "buy the best always" (what is "best" anyway?). I'm still too much an ebike rookie to go all in on one $4k-$12k ebike and say it's the best. For now at least, my logic says I can have in the stable up to four ebikes for under $4500 (if I include the Prodigynot on sale) have very little invested and can sell them all off for little loss and or keep one or two. The big one for me is I don't mind improving off of something that looks like it might be a good attempt. So we'll see. Frustrated engineer in me I guess!

A lot of my motivation is price point, for sure (the two Aero's were $1,000 and the D6 almost ridiculously priced as well at $1199. I pulled the trigger on the D6 for the same reason and a lot on inference when both Espin (Aero) and Eunorau have been in the low end ebike game for a while and know their sourcing world (Espin may be a little better than Eunorau with their contacts, but there is an implication they both have good working relationships than I might have on my own. Based on what I received from Eunorau two days ago, so far so good.

The Dapu hub and early mid motors don't have a very good reputation (just reading other opinions) and though I realize I'm very much bottom feeding with the D6 and outlying in the mid drive world, I have read that the Dapu MD250 is a second generation update of an older original Japanese design and now China sourced and built motor. With the built in cadence and torque sensing, we are both on the same line of thinking. I'll let you know here shortly.

So am I.

I am aware of and have only read various reviews and comparison and have not ridden the three stellar brands you mentioned, nor the Brose, which I also like and am very intrigued with too (Ride1Up Prodigy XC ($2350) I mentioned with its 90 nm rating, great spec's and motor cutoff ability when shifting and that may be my next ebike in continuing this low buck "experimentation". This ebike scene can be/is a semi-cheap hobby (compared to other$), it is healthy, something to do with others and fun, especially for me playing with all the mental exercising. I'm not a big believer in "buy the best always" (what is "best" anyway?). I'm still too much an ebike rookie to go all in on one $4k-$12k ebike and say it's the best. For now at least, my logic says I can have in the stable up to four ebikes for under $4500 (if I include the Prodigynot on sale) have very little invested and can sell them all off for little loss and or keep one or two. The big one for me is I don't mind improving off of something that looks like it might be a good attempt. So we'll see. Frustrated engineer in me I guess!

A lot of my motivation is price point, for sure (the two Aero's were $1,000 and the D6 almost ridiculously priced as well at $1199. I pulled the trigger on the D6 for the same reason and a lot on inference when both Espin (Aero) and Eunorau have been in the low end ebike game for a while and know their sourcing world (Espin may be a little better than Eunorau with their contacts, but there is an implication they both have good working relationships than I might have on my own. Based on what I received from Eunorau two days ago, so far so good.

The Dapu hub and early mid motors don't have a very good reputation (just reading other opinions) and though I realize I'm very much bottom feeding with the D6 and outlying in the mid drive world, I have read that the Dapu MD250 is a second generation update of an older original Japanese design and now China sourced and built motor. With the built in cadence and torque sensing, we are both on the same line of thinking. I'll let you know here shortly.
This is my third e-bike, a Ride1Up Prodigy and couldn't be happier with it.

Sorry, I didn't ride today, had to prep for the next storm and I do want to finish my final check before I go.

This is my third e-bike, a Ride1Up Prodigy and couldn't be happier with it.
It's a well designed hardtail ebike at a crazy reasonable price, setting the standard where the industry has to be heading. A truly do-it-all, one quiver "almost all mountain" ebike (short of more technical single track). Most of us won't be surprised if Ride1Up is already working on a higher end hardtail/dual suspension product in the $3-4k range to challenge the $5-7K target market. It is a bit like LUNA as far as their cost to component value but starting out a little more at the lower end.

Back