Enviolo Automatiq cadence settings

RMK!

Having a gen 1 Serial 1 Rush Cty Speed, I bought it as my 2nd ebike for slow recreational riding with my wife and when we travel with our bikes. It was also intended as an easy hop on and ride bike with little or no training required for friends and family. For me the default cadence of 75 rpm's is perfect and the bike is very responsive changing gear ratios silently and automatically based upon my pedal pressure input. I have let 2 people ride the bike and both found the cadence setting to high for their use resulting in ghost pedalling at slow speeds which made them uncomfortable. For me, my usual cadence when serious riding is 80++ rpm and bike riding is all about moving along at a brisk pace but even when I slow down the Serial 1 bike seems very responsive to my input.

The idea of pairing the Enviolo phone app to the bike every time I want to make a cadence change seems overly complicated and time consuming. This is something that should be integrated into the bikes primary controller and accessed via the Brose display. This one issue has making me regretting purchasing this bike ... Anyone else noticed this cadence delta issue with different riders?

If you have or can get the Enviolo CO remote controller, When in autiomatic mode, a quick press of the top button changes the selected cadence either up 5 rpm or down (I forget which) while pressing the bottom button changes your selected cadence in the opposite direction. When in manual mode the CO buttons shift up or down in gear ratio.

I haven't felt the need to change from the default cadence on my Speed either, though many others have. The remote Alaskan recommended above is the solution if you feel the need. There are 3 variants:

Last edited:
I haven't felt the need to change from the default cadence on my Speed either, though many others have. The remote Alaskan recommended above is the solution if you feel the need. There are 3 variants:

My thanks to both you and the Alaskan for the response and suggestion. I decided to dive into the Enviolo App today and after pairing it to my hub, I used my phone and the App to change cadence settings on the fly as I rode. I'm afraid this was a situation where my assumptions about the complexity of pairing, and the ease of use app were wrong. It was actually an easy process and I now have the functionality I thought I was missing. This is classic example of use, equals ease of use. :oops:

Last edited:
My thanks to both you and the Alaskan for the response and suggestion. I decided to dive into the Enviolo App today and after pairing it to my hub, I used my phone and the App to change cadence settings on the fly as I rode. I'm afraid this was a situation where my assumptions about the complexity of pairing, and the ease of use app were wrong. It was actually an easy process and I now have the functionality I thought I was missing. This is classic example of use, equals ease of use. :oops:
If you can mount your phone on the handelbar close to the right grip, the phone app certainly works well. However when the app is on and the bike is moving, the phone screen remains on which will run the battery down faster. I have an auxiliary rechargeable headlight that also serves as a power bank for phone charging mounted nearby closer to the stem on the same side of the handlebars. During daytime rides it also has a flashing mode making the bike more visible to motorists. If you are happy using the phone, you really don't need the CO remote which costs around $50.

If you can mount your phone on the handelbar close to the right grip, the phone app certainly works well. However when the app is on and the bike is moving, the phone screen remains on which will run the battery down faster. I have an auxiliary rechargeable headlight that also serves as a power bank for phone charging mounted nearby closer to the stem on the same side of the handlebars. During daytime rides it also has a flashing mode making the bike more visible to motorists. If you are happy using the phone, you really don't need the CO remote which costs around $50.
Yeah, the phone works fine as the basic Brose Controller on the Serial 1 provides me all the function and info I need save the Inviolo cadence settings that I now have easy access to with the Inviolo App. This can be done as a pre ride setup step or, real time ride and adjust. Again, with my casual +/- 40 mile rides on the Serial 1 I'm good to go.

My R&M Delite GX is my main bike to ride for exercise and it's a faster/farther capable bike. The Brose/Inviolo equipped Serial 1 is a truly unique around town/paved trail riding experience. Being kind of a tech person, the quiet belt driven Brose motor and Automatiq Inviolo shifting make riding the Serial 1 Rush Cty ebikes a very different experience. They would seem to be a great resort area rental ebike choice with proper cadence setup for the rider. True hop on/hop off no shifting 9 speed biking is something most people would enjoy.

I have had several Riese & Muller bikes but the Enviolo Automatiq I have came on my Evelo Omega that has a Dapu motor putting out up to 115 Newton Meters of torque. I really like this bike and love the drive train.

I have had several Riese & Muller bikes but the Enviolo Automatiq I have came on my Evelo Omega that has a Dapu motor putting out up to 115 Newton Meters of torque. I really like this bike and love the drive train.
I just purchased the Omega (last day of a $500 discount) for my wife. It's seems to be pretty much a Serial 1 type bike with more power and a throttle. My wife insists on having a throttle although she seldom uses it ... :confused:

At the price I paid which included a 4 year warranty and the dual battery option, it's kind of a no brainer for long duration recreational biking.

Could I get a link to your headlight? Thanks

I just purchased the Omega (last day of a $500 discount) for my wife. It's seems to be pretty much a Serial 1 type bike with more power and a throttle. My wife insists on having a throttle although she seldom uses it ... :confused:

At the price I paid which included a 4 year warranty and the dual battery option, it's kind of a no brainer for long duration recreational biking.
You are not alone........... Wives will always "Throttle" their Husbands ! :p

Back