Is Raleigh still selling ebikes in USA?

DrJay

I own a Raleigh Miseo IE sport that Court reviewed in 2017. It's a great bike with over 10,000 trouble free miles. However when I search for Raleigh Ebikes USA all of the links are old or all bikes are always sold out. Has Raleigh abandoned the US market? Court used to do quite a few Raleigh, IZip reviews with Sam from Fullerton Cycles or Chris Nolte back in the day.

Raleigh is part of Accell Group now, just like Haibike, Winora, Ghost, Batavus, Koga, Lapierre, Sparta, Babboe and Carqon. XLC. They've pretty much pulled out of North America. They do some selling through distributors that are under contract, but it's nothing like it used to be. Seems all the cheaper imports and native brands have left little market share for Accell brands. If I were to buy a bike today I'd look to Trek and Specialized, both are American companies and not likely to disappear. Other options are Giant, a Taiwanese company and Cannondale, an American division of the Dutch conglomerate Pon Holdings. Both heavily invested in the North American market.

Last edited:
Thanks for that information. I agree with you on the list of manufacturers to rely on. I’ve learned that one’s choices are also limited by where one lives. Truck and Specialized are represented by dealers in a reasonable distance. Not so much with Giant, R&M or Gazelle. Hence the rise and popularity of DTC brands. Again, thanks for your informative answer.

Thanks for that information. I agree with you on the list of manufacturers to rely on. I’ve learned that one’s choices are also limited by where one lives. Truck and Specialized are represented by dealers in a reasonable distance. Not so much with Giant, R&M or Gazelle. Hence the rise and popularity of DTC brands. Again, thanks for your informative answer.

I see J.R. Answered your question. As an added comment- I have a Raleigh MiseovIE, all Shimano. It is a great bike. I have over 9000 trouble free miles on mine. My wife has the same bike. No problems. I “ sold” 9 others after people rode mine.

Back