Known Issues & Problems with vBike Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric motors from vBike as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Last edited:
Magic Pie Front Hub motor off center wheel ... Hello .. I love my 1000 watt MP5 this is the third kit I have used over 30 years of their products ... The last 2 have been front hub motors and both have off center wheels ...2 different bikes 2 different kits 1 500 watts and 1 - 1000 watts ....both have off center wheels ..I cannot figure why ... I wouldn't even notice it if I didn't know ..seems to make no difference in how the bike rides ....only have to do some "engineering" on the off center brakes ...I wish there was a cure ... This is a great motor ..But .. I cannot recommend it as I couldn't look someone in the eye and say "That's Normal" .....

Attachments

• 20220503_115943 (1) (1).jpg
    20220503_115943 (1) (1).jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 207
Has anyone ordered a bike lately?

Looking to get an XP 2.0 Step through for the Mrs., but don't wanna get caught up in the usual shipping delays that are so common with most ebike companies (been there, done that)

Tried calling them several times to confirm that they had them in stock and to place an order, but all I got was endless elevator music.

Magic Pie Front Hub motor off center wheel ... Hello .. I love my 1000 watt MP5 this is the third kit I have used over 30 years of their products ... The last 2 have been front hub motors and both have off center wheels ...2 different bikes 2 different kits 1 500 watts and 1 - 1000 watts ....both have off center wheels ..I cannot figure why ... I wouldn't even notice it if I didn't know ..seems to make no difference in how the bike rides ....only have to do some "engineering" on the off center brakes ...I wish there was a cure ... This is a great motor ..But .. I cannot recommend it as I couldn't look someone in the eye and say "That's Normal" .....

I have taken a video of the problem ..First video ever ... I hope someone will see this and be able to tell me what the problem is ..

Back