Rubbee US purchase duties/taxes

dermbrian

I saw an impressive YouTube video on the latest version Rubbee. When you go to price it on the manufacturer's web page, the pricing is very attractive. However, I did a quick look at potential duties and taxes and I believe that they could easily amount to ~$450 on top of the purchase price.

I know this thread has about zero readership, but does anyone have experience with buying one, or buying any ebike in the US that is subject to import duties payable by the purchaser?

Also, I know the arguement that friction drives may wear tires quickly. I'm very interested in a totally removable solution for an existing bike, and tires as an ongoing expense seems like a non-issue to me. Simple for a user to replace on a standard bike.

I purchased from the website and paid 550.05 euro via PayPal and my card was charged $591.73. This was for the base unit which included one battery. I found an online coupon code for 5% off.

Primarily because it’s a poor application. And what about battery replacement?
It came with one battery installed. This gives about 10 mile range. I verified this on open roads. The unit will allow for three batteries which provides for about 30 mile range. Batteries are 99 euro/each. I just ordered a second battery which came to $129 USD with shipping and VAT tax. 20 miles is plenty for me. Batteries are each to purchase. Not sure what you mean by poor application. I've owned BIONX and now Rubbee X. I like Bionx functionality but it is really heavy. Rubber X is light and effective.

Friction drives are a poor application for most. IME But if you’re happy that’s what counts!
Enjoy!

Friction drives are a poor application for most. IME But if you’re happy that’s what counts!
Enjoy!
New Rubbee X has been refined and redesigned...Good reviews and a simple solution. I can remove the whole thing in three seconds and put in my backpack or just disengage it and my Specialized road bike is unchanged.

Back