Grizzly Coming To Connecticut/Cape Cod.

JB91710

Region
USA
Ordered my Grizzly on 2/12/22. UPS label printed 2/25/22. We shall see how long this takes to arrive. 5 months? They are saying around one to two weeks. To be delivered Monday, 3/7/22!!!

I'm going to ride it a lot on the Cape Cod Rail Trails and in and around Provincetown, the dune bike trails and hopefully on the beach. Would like to hook up with other Grizzly/ e-bike owners for excursions. I'll be there mid-week all spring, summer and fall. Also, around North, central CT. Jack

Last edited:
I received my Grizzly on 3/9/22! 24 days from order to arrival! Now, here's the BIG problem and I can't believe that I don't hear more complaints about this. The seat height on this bike must have been designed for Chinese riders. It is 9" lower than the one on my mountain bike. I ordered a JB seat 20" long by 4" high and I can already tell this bike will be a knee buster. I may try 2" extension nuts on the bolts that came on the seat and then bolt that down.

I put a strip of acrylic material under the seat and extended it out so I could install a basket on the back. The black bag in the basket is to store my helmet when I park it. I bolted a piece of angle on the back to install a magnetic orange light that can stay on or blink. When I finally ride it, I'll report on the knee issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_155526.jpg
    IMG_20220411_155526.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20220411_155805.jpg
    IMG_20220411_155805.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20220411_160234.jpg
    IMG_20220411_160234.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 210
Nice looking bike and a clever way to add a rear bag! Unfortunately, raising the seat doesn't look like an easy project. This is one of the problems you have when ordering a bike without test riding it first.

I do the cape trails at least once a season. They are great rides but be aware that under Massachusetts law, many don't permit e-bikes. Most of the e-bike riders I've met out there use the stealth approach with batteries that are at least partially concealed. My bike has a rear rack battery which I cover with a rack bag and panniers. I've never been stopped but others have. Your bike looks more like a motor scooter than an e-bike and may become a target for local LEO's. You should be ok on the dune trails at Seashore since e-bikes are allowed at most National Parks.

Connecticut on the other hand, is a very e-bike friendly state and there a many great trails to choose from. Check out this post for a list of favorites in the Northeast:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new bike!

Nice looking bike and a clever way to add a rear bag! Unfortunately, raising the seat doesn't look like an easy project. This is one of the problems you have when ordering a bike without test riding it first.

I do the cape trails at least once a season. They are great rides but be aware that under Massachusetts law, many don't permit e-bikes. Most of the e-bike riders I've met out there use the stealth approach with batteries that are at least partially concealed. My bike has a rear rack battery which I cover with a rack bag and panniers. I've never been stopped but others have. Your bike looks more like a motor scooter than an e-bike and may become a target for local LEO's. You should be ok on the dune trails at Seashore since e-bikes are allowed at most National Parks.

Connecticut on the other hand, is a very e-bike friendly state and there a many great trails to choose from. Check out this post for a list of favorites in the Northeast:

I looked up the rules online for Massachusetts and especially the Cape. E-bikes are ok on bike trails.

I think I might have solved the height problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_180530.jpg
    IMG_20220411_180530.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 190
Good idea!

Adds seat height without spoiling the look of the bike.
I rode it for two hours and decided that bump up is a problem. I'm going to look for a black vinyl covered foam pad at a craft store. What it needs is an adjustable motorcycle seat but mounting one would be an ordeal. A three-inch pad on this seat would work fine.

After 1.5 years of owning the Grizzly, do you still like the bike? Have you had to deal with customer service? I am considering for the spec's, but I am tentative after reading terrible reviews of CS. FYI, left CT 4 years ago. My only regret is not doing it sooner. Happy trails1

Back