DJ Folding Bike Questions

pooh2372

Region
USA
Just got 2 bikes and have a couple questions.

1) Does anyone shift gears?

2) Should we grease the chain and derailleur? If so, do we just use WD40? Lithium grease?

3) Do you take the battery off when not using?

4) Can shocks be adjusted?

Last edited:
I do, but only use 3 of available 7 gears
2) Should we grease the chain and derailleur? If so, do we just use WD40? Lithium grease?
Lube the chain with any of a gazillion bike chain lubes. Use WD40 to flush dirt, sand ,etc. if present. Dry chain after a WD40 flush, then lube with chain lube. WD40 is not a good lube but is a great flusher. Just keep the deailleur clean. Tooth brush works fine.
Always.
Front shocks are adjustible.

I do, but only use 3 of available 7 gears
Lube the chain with any of a gazillion bike chain lubes. Use WD40 to flush dirt, sand ,etc. if present. Dry chain after a WD40 flush, then lube with chain lube. WD40 is not a good lube but is a great flusher. Just keep the deailleur clean. Tooth brush works fine.
Always.
Front shocks are adjustible.
Thanks!! Can you tell us how to adjust the shock??

On the top of each shock is a adjustment feature. On one side is a way to turn the shock on or off. When on, the shock will operate. When switched to the "off" position, any shock absorbing is disabled. On top of the other shock is an adjustement you rotate one way or the other to either increase or decrease the amount of force needed for the shocks to begin compressiong. Both adjustmnets should be marked as to their function. I keep my DJ mountain bike's "on" all the time and have dialed down the comprssion adjustment. How you adjust it is a personal choice.

On the top of each shock is a adjustment feature. On one side is a way to turn the shock on or off. When on, the shock will operate. When switched to the "off" position, any shock absorbing is disabled. On top of the other shock is an adjustement you rotate one way or the other to either increase or decrease the amount of force needed for the shocks to begin compressiong. Both adjustmnets should be marked as to their function. I keep my DJ mountain bike's "on" all the time and have dialed down the comprssion adjustment. How you adjust it is a personal choice.
Thanks!!

Back