replace rear hub motor

vadim1836

not much activity here anymore, but I'll ask anyway.
has anyone replaced the rear hub motor on S-750 model?
mine is 2017 model and it's time for a new one.

My motor is spinning but not the wheel... trying to figure it out - not really interested in spending that much for a new motor on a 4 years ebike... I'll get a new bike instead.

Hi @Denis Shelston
long time, how have you been?
You probably need the nylon gears to be replaced
My Teo blew the controller and now I got a KT controller mounted on the seat post since I refused to pay what Benoit was asking for the replacement.

I opened the Bafang, found some rust. Sanded everything, replaced grease, the. Nylon gears were fine, no damage, no teeth missing, moved very well. Someone tells me it's probably a clutch problem or a sync issue that makes the motor turn the wrong way... Not sure how to check either... More reading to do...

Hi @Denis Shelston
long time, how have you been?
You probably need the nylon gears to be replaced
My Teo blew the controller and now I got a KT controller mounted on the seat post since I refused to pay what Benoit was asking for the replacement.
Oh, doing well. Have gone with Rad Power Bikes since, was not impressed with Teo's after sale service. Got us a pair of folding models for us, (Rad Minis) we have an RV and cannot carry full size bikes. Love them, extraordinary after sales service from a company 3000km away... I'll ride my Teo when home once in a while, but then it stopped working...

Glad to hear that all is well.
Ya after sale conversations were kind of weird with them, almost to a point that they do not to understand my English.
Few times when seeing others ridding fold-able bikes had wished for one myself however not having enough time to ride one and since my wife has no interest in riding at all that sort of cancelled my desire to get one.

Back