Rattan customer service

sdav834

Region
USA
Received 2 bikes of the 750LF. One had the crank and chain guard messed up with overspray of the insulation foam from factory for packing. Tried several solvents without much success in getting it off. Finally tried acetone and it did dissolve the foam but also took out the paint from the crank and dissolved the plastic chain guard. Another issue was that my bikes came with non suspension seats. The picture in their website shows it having suspension seats. It is also stated in the operator's manual having the suspension seat. I contacted Rattan regarding these issues and they responded within 2-3 days. They told me that they have contacted the factory and will send replacements for both components. In all fairness, both these issues were not their fault but the factory's. Thank you, Rattan support team for your prompt response to my queries.

better than my experience with them. they sent me the wrong charger for my kids Challenger and refused to replace it. instead sending me some DC ends and instructions on how to cut the wires and solder the new ends.

6 months now and still don't have a replacement charger, I ended up buying one on Amazon.

Horrible service and idiotic reps.

better than my experience with them. they sent me the wrong charger for my kids Challenger and refused to replace it. instead sending me some DC ends and instructions on how to cut the wires and solder the new ends.

6 months now and still don't have a replacement charger, I ended up buying one on Amazon.

Horrible service and idiotic reps.
That's my biggest obstacle to canceling an ordered Lectric and switching to a Rattan LM750, which looks superior in some respects. I called the number on their web site to ask a few basic questions and got a generic unidentified voicemail notice. I did not leave a message but a little later I received this text message:
"If you have any issues on bike, please text your messages here, your order number,or tracking number, what’s the problem! We will reply you soon"

WTF?

I don't think it's a matter of "idiotic reps" plural. I think they have one U.S. rep (that may or may not be an idiot) that handles all inquiries from sales to service, such as it is. I wish it wasn't such a crap shoot purchasing one of their bikes, but that text message confirmed my main fear. Order one of their units, hang tight and hope for the best. I might do that with a $12 widget, but not a $1200 bike.

Last edited:
Back