X7 Power issue

akakpaws

I just picked up my new X7 from the shop that assembled it for me. In pedal assist mode at all power levels the power surges on and off. On the Ebikes I have experienced once you start pedaling the power continues until you stop pedaling. Not this one. Anyone familiar with this issue on the X7? Is this normal behavior for this bike?

I just purchased the EAhora X7 Plus. I have experienced the same on/off power surges. (I also don't like this)

I changed the PAS level ratio. A quick way to experience what the PAS reprogramming can offer is to change the default PAS 0-3 to either 0-5, 0-7, or 0-9.

I ended up using PAS level 0-9, and adjusted the 1-5 ratio a few percentage higher This takes awhile, and it seems to minimize the surges.

1-30%
2-36%
3-45%
4-59%
5-62%
6-9-Default

This is still a work in progress, but it's my starting point. Let me know what you think.

Good luck

Last edited:
The pedal assist on this bike stopped working completely shortly after I took it home from assembly. It has not worked since. The company sent me a replacement pedal sensor, controller, and some wiring. All of these items were installed at a shop at my cost. Still the bike is not working with pedal assist. Then the throttle started going bad. Eahora advised that it was no longer covered under warranty so I purchased that and installed it myself and so far it is working fine. so this bike has not worked properly for one day since I've owned it from day one.

I just purchased the EAhora X7 Plus. I have experienced the same on/off power surges. (I also don't like this)

I changed the PAS level ratio. A quick way to experience what the PAS reprogramming can offer is to change the default PAS 0-3 to either 0-5, 0-7, or 0-9.

I ended up using PAS level 0-9, and adjusted the 1-5 ratio a few percentage higher This takes awhile, and it seems to minimize the surges.

1-30%
2-36%
3-45%
4-59%
5-62%
6-9-Default

This is still a work in progress, but it's my starting point. Let me know what you think.

Good luck
FYI I did try readjusting the power settings and increasing the number of power levels etc. as you are suggesting. It did not affect the problem I was having at all. right now the only redeeming quality I can think of with his bike is that it has taught me to really learn the ins and outs of electric bike operation. It has not worked properly since coming out of the box.

1-30%
2-36%
3-45%
4-59%
5-62%
6-9-Default

Good luck

FYI I Finally got the pedal assist working. I tried several things including swapping components and playing around with the connector wiring, not sure which of these items fixed The problem but now the pedal assist works. The power still surges on and off until I set the minimum power level to about 60% (with 5 levels). Now the powers stays on steadily during pedal assist so right now the bike is finally working 100%. I would like to have the first level of pedal assist much lower but if I lower it below 60% I get the intermittent power surges.

The pedal assist on this bike stopped working completely shortly after I took it home from assembly. It has not worked since. The company sent me a replacement pedal sensor, controller, and some wiring. All of these items were installed at a shop at my cost. Still the bike is not working with pedal assist. Then the throttle started going bad. Eahora advised that it was no longer covered under warranty so I purchased that and installed it myself and so far it is working fine. so this bike has not worked properly for one day since I've owned it from day one.
You found that your problem was fixed when you replaced the throttle? We have the same problem with our bike--worked 2 months and then nothing. And then Eahora tried to give up, but California law doesn't let them! Anyway, I'd really like to know if it's the throttle. Thanks.

You found that your problem was fixed when you replaced the throttle? We have the same problem with our bike--worked 2 months and then nothing. And then Eahora tried to give up, but California law doesn't let them! Anyway, I'd really like to know if it's the

I am not completely sure. I had made several adjustments including replacing the throttle by the time I got around to actually Road testing the bike. So far the throttle and pedal assist are still working normally and the bike is responding to system adjustments.

I am not completely sure if it was the throttle replacement or not. I had made several other tweaks and adjustments and checks at the same time I replaced the throttle. As of now the throttle and power assist are working and the bike also responds to system adjustments.

Back