Bike rack

Sfrank

Does anyone know of a good bike rack for 2 Amego infinite step through bikes ? They weigh about 60 pounds each with battery .

My wife and I use the Thule Easyfold XT2 rack. It's rated for up to 65lbs each for 2 bikes. I like the folding loading ramp that eliminates lifting the heavy ebikes onto the rack. It comes setup for 1.25" receivers but has an adapter for 2" receivers. It attaches very securely to the receiver without tools. It can fold out of the way for rear car hatches, even when loaded with bikes. The bikes are secured with wheel straps and a locking frame clamp so no tire clamps that affect fenders.

When off the car it folds up and rolls out of the way.

The negative? It's a bit pricey.

Personally, I found the Easyfold XT2 to be great for one bike, but a pain for two. It was a pain trying to fit the arm (with the clamp) through the first bike's frame and then find a part of the frame of the second bike to attach the clamp.
It might have been the combination of the two bikes I mounted on the rack. Whatever the cause I'm glad I sold the rack.

Personally, I found the Easyfold XT2 to be great for one bike, but a pain for two. It was a pain trying to fit the arm (with the clamp) through the first bike's frame and then find a part of the frame of the second bike to attach the clamp.
It might have been the combination of the two bikes I mounted on the rack. Whatever the cause I'm glad I sold the rack.
Just curious what did you buy to replace the Easyfold XT ?
I have 2 stepthru's with fenders, so far the Easyfold looked promising but I am certainly open to all suggestions. Fenders seem to be an issue but the Easyfold can accommodate fenders.

I have 2 stepthru's with fenders, so far the Easyfold looked promising but I am certainly open to all suggestions. Fenders seem to be an issue but the Easyfold can accommodate fenders.
Has anyone tried the Hollywood brand ?

I bought a Swagman: https://www.swagman.net/product.htm?pid=828205&cat=40494

The rack is really heavy and doesn't fold, but it looks to be well made. I'll have to see how it holds up over time.

Back