Optibike rohloff hub indicator for shiftezy electronic shifter

Robert Clark

I have a shiftezy electronic shifter that shifts with two buttons. One button for going up in gears and the other going down. Would there be a way to indicate what gear you are in?

I removed the rohloff shifter and added the electronic shifter on my commuter R11 bike. I also added a aux. battery you see under the saddle bags. Makes for a clean handle bar on the left side. I still would like to build some kind of gear indicator, but riding it, I find it is not necessary as the Rohloff shifts very fast from a standstill, if you need to put it in the lower gears, should you forget to downshift. I routed the electronic wires thru the old cable shifter holes to keep the install clean. Shifting is easy, by using my left two fingers on the up and down buttons. Just remember you have to remove pressure off the pedals on the Rohloff as before, but gear changing is much faster.

IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1713.JPG
IMG_1714.JPG

I have a shiftezy electronic shifter that shifts with two buttons. One button for going up in gears and the other going down. Would there be a way to indicate what gear you are in?

I'm curious, are those shifters still being sold?

Back