Elby S1 9-Speed?

PatriciaK

Region
USA
City
Pacific Northwest and Piedmont Triad
Looking for an inexpensive east coast second bike (my giant la free is on the west coast, I'm stuck on the east) to use at our second home here.

I had been trying to locate an Aventon Pace 350, but they're not shipping until July.

A fairly nearby (2+ hours away) Velofix outfit has offered me an Elby S1 9-speed - last year's model, used as a demo, with less than 20 miles on the odometer. Retails for $3000; they're offering it for $1400, will deliver it free and maintain it as needed.

I'm not at all familiar with this bike - does anyone have experience with or knowledge of it?

Thanks!

Looking for an inexpensive east coast second bike (my giant la free is on the west coast, I'm stuck on the east) to use at our second home here.

I had been trying to locate an Aventon Pace 350, but they're not shipping until July.

A fairly nearby (2+ hours away) Velofix outfit has offered me an Elby S1 9-speed - last year's model, used as a demo, with less than 20 miles on the odometer. Retails for $3000; they're offering it for $1400, will deliver it free and maintain it as needed.

I'm not at all familiar with this bike - does anyone have experience with or knowledge of it?

Thanks!
I’ve owned one for about 18 months. Am 230 pounds, 6’3”. Works like you want an electric bike to work. At 1400 it’s a steal. Buy it.

My mother has one, it's a fun ride and a very high quality bike. Don't worry about Bionx the motor manufacturer being no longer in business. Elby is still around and has a 2 year warranty, and parts and bikes still for sale.

$1400 is definitely a steal especially if you still get the warranty. Buy it if they still have it!

I passed on the bike because I wasn't interested in a direct drive motor, thanks :)

Back