PIM Battery Rebuild Resource

JackA

I am opening this thread as a place to list companies and individuals that can help PIM owners refurbish or up grade their PIM battery packs.

John Nethers [email protected] is willing to investigate working on PIM/Polaris battery packs. He has no experience with our particular packs but his offer to "not charge" to look is pretty good.

Attachments

• Re New message from Jack Anderson.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 462
Hi-C Battery is another source for rebuilding Polaris/PIM battery packs. In January 2020 they told me that they are relocating to a different building so will not be taking additional orders for pack rebuilds until March of 2020. Quote: "The cells of today are a better chemistry than just 2 years ago. We can increase the capacity and performance of your battery almost doubling your bikes range. Our cells are fresh from the factory so you will always get the newest cells available. Don't settle for a stock battery that has been sitting on the shelf for years, losing capacity and performance all the while. Contact us today to discuss your battery rebuild options." [email protected]

Attachments

• Re PolarisPIM Battery Refurbishment.txt
    711 bytes · Views: 455
Hi-C Battery is another source for rebuilding Polaris/PIM battery packs. In January 2020 they told me that they are relocating to a different building so will not be taking additional orders for pack rebuilds until March of 2020. Quote: "The cells of today are a better chemistry than just 2 years ago. We can increase the capacity and performance of your battery almost doubling your bikes range. Our cells are fresh from the factory so you will always get the newest cells available. Don't settle for a stock battery that has been sitting on the shelf for years, losing capacity and performance all the while. Contact us today to discuss your battery rebuild options." [email protected]

I've made several inquiries and have had customers try. NO RESPONSE!

I've made several inquiries and have had customers try. NO RESPONSE!

Patrick answered my e-mail within a day.... he did say they were moving to a new location and would not be taking orders until sometime in March or 2020. Perhaps a phone call will help.

Patrick Duggan
Hi-C Battery LLC
720-933-4734

I’m worn down by the lack of return calls from some, and slow service from others. I’m going to get certified for shipping and start doing my own warranty service. I’m old school. We answer and respond to all inquiries. Seems a rarity these days. Our only frustration are the number of buyers that went somewhere else to buy and then discover we answer the phone. We stay civil, but buying from one seller that has no phone support and thinking the guy that answers calls should provide support... Well it’s frustrating. I’m guessing Patrick gets much of the same. Phone support does gobble up a lot of time. Making me understand, but not mitigate the frustrations.

I was told by two different companies that rebuild e-bike batteries that they will not rebuild PIM batteries. One said they tried a couple times and did not have any luck and the other said that PIM had a special data connection that ran through all the batteries which meant that just replacing the batteries was not going to work. I need to have our battery pack rebuilt. I followed the above recommendations and I am waiting to hear back from them. Meanwhile trying alternative companies but the ones that answered their phone would not work on PIM units.

John Nethers answered my e-mail request on the same day that I sent it. I was asking if my 380 Wh battery could be rebuilt to a 500 Wh. He stated that the rebuild would increase the storage to about 600 Wh. Keep in mind that this is a $450 service and you must pay to ship the battery to them, return is included in the $450. I am going to send them a completely functional 380 PIM and will post on this forum how it all works out. Between our two PIM e-Bikes we have two 500 Wh and two 380 Wh and I am planning to have both 380s rebuilt if this first one goes well.
Again, Nethers responded on the same day; so if you are frustrated with other services lack of response try Nethers: https://netherswholesale.com/

Last edited:
Shipped my Polaris/PIM 380 Wh battery to Nethers today. UPS Ground with Lithium Placard cost me $28.63 (Washington State to Michigan) It will come back as a 600+ Wh battery.

That shipping price is very encouraging! The fact that UPS is getting down with Lithium battery shipment procedures and charging less is great for warranty and service issues and buying online outright.

Shipped my PIM battery to Nethers for repair. Owner is very friendly and accommodating on the phone and email. Battery is fine now! GOLDBARBILL

Nethers rebuilt my PIM battery with new Li cells, increased the Wh of storage to a little over 600 Wh. Not cheap, but this will keep my Terrain 503 in service for another ten years. I am sending a second battery tomorrow!!

Shipped my second battery to Nethers this time via FedEx; cost was $36.41 which included insurance for $400 of value.

FedEx notified me that Nethers Battery shipped my battery today; May 24th. Sent the battery to Nethers on May 17th so within six days they received it and upgraded it pretty fast service. The FedEx notice estimated delivery at my home on May 28.

Reactions: Kak
Back