Current Felt eBikes on ebay: Redemption E50

Dave C

ebay Seller: wheelandsproket. Any info on the Felt Mtb ebikes on ebay for $2999? There seems to be a lot of them, a current model and, looking at the sales history, they don't seem to be selling too quickly. Frames are basic aluminum geometry with good travel but the components are decent and it has the Shimano drivetrain with batteries in the down tube. I see that Felt has been acquired by Rosignol and they moved recently, so not sure of their status or why these bikes appear to be bargain priced (or not?). The same models are listed on Felt's website too.

I’ve seen them and I’m really eyeing the e50. There’s a short review on it if you google search. There’s also a video of a guy shredding pretty good on an e30. I asked the seller if he was an authorized dealer and he hasn’t responded sooo....if you look at Felt’s warranty it says online unauthorized sales void the warranty. So as long as you’re cool with having no warranty then it seems like a great buy.

Yeah, I just looked up a couple of written reviews and also an EBR first look on youtube when they were introduced late 2018. I wonder why the blow-out price? They are also on bikeexchange for $3500. I don't do much in the way of drops or jumps so the Aion fork and the rest of the components should be good for me. I see they include a dropper post too. I'm exactly at 3 years with my Haibike All Mtn 27 which is holding up very well but I'm starting to look around (even tho I haven't budgeted for it yet). Before buying it's worth a call to Felt to see what they have to say about ebay sales.

wheelandsproket

This is a large bike store franchise and they have multiple stores in the midwest.
Because of their long history with FELT, they might have purchased the overstock inventory. You could go to one of their store and get one for the same price. They have good mechanics and service.

The bike is an excellent one at that price!

That seller responded and said he is an authorized seller, so warranty should be good. But for it to be valid you must have the bike initially assembled at a felt approved bike shop. Anyhow, I saw a really good deal on a 2019 Cannondale cujo neo 4 with only 9 miles on it so I jumped on it. Still really like the felt a lot. Would have probably gotten it if it wasn’t for this craigslist deal. I’d say get it. I don’t think you’ll regret it. I’m having so much fun on mine.

Attachments

• 4B35459B-8516-4519-A2AD-24B59004263B.jpeg
    4B35459B-8516-4519-A2AD-24B59004263B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 970
@dirtrider - congrats on the Cannondale, I'll have to check that one out. @Ravi - I just checked out the wheel and sprocket site and they have a Felt closeout section. I'm sure they'd prefer I buy direct from their site too. Their ebay store charges CA sales tax, not sure if their store does. For anyone considering the Redemption 50 I notice the 2019 green version shows the Suntour fork vs the 2020 white one having Rockshox. Nothing against the Suntour I have on my Haibike, but I think Rockshox might be a little better. Might be different versions of the Steps motor too. Pretty tempting.

@dirtrider - congrats on the Cannondale, I'll have to check that one out. @Ravi - I just checked out the wheel and sprocket site and they have a Felt closeout section. I'm sure they'd prefer I buy direct from their site too. Their ebay store charges CA sales tax, not sure if their store does. For anyone considering the Redemption 50 I notice the 2019 green version shows the Suntour fork vs the 2020 white one having Rockshox. Nothing against the Suntour I have on my Haibike, but I think Rockshox might be a little better. Might be different versions of the Steps motor too. Pretty tempting.

You may avoid some CA tax if you purchase directly from them.
I recommend this one: https://www.wheelandsprocket.com/product/felt-bicycles-redemption-e-50-shimano-steps-ebike-48160.htm
If you are an avid MTb'er, this is an excellent bike for the money.

I wrote the ebay seller 'wheelsandsprockets' in Wisconsin and they were not at all helpful about how they would honor warranty coverage. After a few back-and-forths I gave up. I'm out. There's no way I would buy from them.

Last edited:
I wrote the ebay seller 'wheelsandsprockets' in Wisconsin and they were not at all helpful about how they would honor warranty coverage. After a few back-and-forths I gave up. I'm out. There's no way I would buy from them.
Great heads up! I have a W&S dealership in my neck of the woods and they always seemed helpful and ready to answer any of my questions. Interesting though when you start making inquiries on future coverages, how they will not commit so you cannot hold them to their word down the road. This is the same dealership that told me they could fill my order on a Trek PB, then later pulled out and said the deal is off the table. Buyer beware again.

Back