3 or 6 day bike tour of the Shenandoah Valley

Dionigi

Region
USA
City
Santa Cruz & Pittsburgh
Bike Virgina has a 3 or 6 day organized bike tour of the Shenandoah Valley this June. Base camp will be located in Woodstock, Virginia for June 21through 23 and Harrisonburg, Virginia for June 24 through 26. From each base camp there will be a variety of loop rides with various distance and difficulty. Bike Virginia link

Have you been on one of these rides? That's a nice part of Virginia to tour. Great that Bike Virginia is inclusive of ebikes. The Amenities listed include charging stations but I expect those are more for phones than ebike batteries, are those running off mains or generators? Given the route length vary from 20-100 miles you might expect an ebike tourist to charge 2 batteries at a time.

Have you been on one of these rides? That's a nice part of Virginia to tour. Great that Bike Virginia is inclusive of ebikes. The Amenities listed include charging stations but I expect those are more for phones than ebike batteries, are those running off mains or generators? Given the route length vary from 20-100 miles you might expect an ebike tourist to charge 2 batteries at a time.
The route we selected are around 47 miles. We have 2 batteries each so hopefully we make it back to base camp. We elected to stay in a hotel rather than camp so charging is not an issue.

The route we selected are around 47 miles. We have 2 batteries each so hopefully we make it back to base camp. We elected to stay in a hotel rather than camp so charging is not an issue.

Sounds fun, I'd be interested to read your ride report if you'd like to post one later on when you have time.

Thanks for posting this! I wasn’t even aware of Bike Virginia, but I love that part of the state. Going to look hard at doing the weekday three day part over the next day or two.

Of course, we will have just driven from Saratoga NY area to Charlotte and back the week before for a family wedding, but what the hell - rte 81 is a hell of a lot better than 95!

Thanks for posting this! I wasn’t even aware of Bike Virginia, but I love that part of the state. Going to look hard at doing the weekday three day part over the next day or two.

Of course, we will have just driven from Saratoga NY area to Charlotte and back the week before for a family wedding, but what the hell - rte 81 is a hell of a lot better than 95!
Hope to see you there, we signed up for the second 3 day tour.

Bike Virgina has a 3 or 6 day organized bike tour of the Shenandoah Valley this June. Base camp will be located in Woodstock, Virginia for June 21through 23 and Harrisonburg, Virginia for June 24 through 26. From each base camp there will be a variety of loop rides with various distance and difficulty. Bike Virginia link

Great stuff. Perfect for ebikers.
Skyline drive is a fantastic place that should be experienced on a bike.

So glad you made this post, Dionigi! I live in Loudoun County and was unaware of this event. I just registered and look forward to great biking (although now that I've registered you can be sure it will rain every day).

So glad you made this post, Dionigi! I live in Loudoun County and was unaware of this event. I just registered and look forward to great biking (although now that I've registered you can be sure it will rain every day).
Hope to see you at the event. Has anyone else signed up?

Back