Power cuts out on Genisis R 600

carloabad

I bought a 2018 Genesis R from Best buy last year and it's been great but recently, the power just cuts out while you're riding the bike. To fix it, you have to push the battery into the frame so it will reconnect and power is restored. It's pretty annoying. I put in a claim to the company but I received no response. Has anyone had this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

I bought a 2018 Genesis R from Best buy last year and it's been great but recently, the power just cuts out while you're riding the bike. To fix it, you have to push the battery into the frame so it will reconnect and power is restored. It's pretty annoying. I put in a claim to the company but I received no response. Has anyone had this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance!
Yes, have had that problem. I tried many things, even bungee cording around the battery and frame. Get yourself a deepwell socket, I believe it's a 13/16ths SAE. Carefully tighten the nuts on the battery and frame connectors, the nuts are metal, but the threads are plastic. Check for loose or missing screws on the frame connector assembly. Check the connector pins for corrosion or signs of arcing from intermittent connection. Always use your key to insert the battery onto the frame with minimal force, I believe that was my problem start. Got in a hurry. I have more than one downtube battery, and with having the same problem with three batteries, the frame connector and locking assembly was replaced. Regards...

Update on Dorado Samsung Batteries (Prodecotech down-tube). I'm using the 38V version and there are two usable versions, without considering Amp-hour ratings It gets slightly confusing as they are almost identical. The Saber lithium, in the Dorado series, is identical to the Prodecotech. The second case version has the usb port on the inside top case cap. The charging port is on the lower case outside. I just got that one. It charges on the prodecotech charger, fits on the frame and runs the bike just fine. I have three of the Saber style also from Prodecotech. The problem is I have two broken top caps needing replacement. The saber style with the four leds, and usb + charging port in back has the only top cap suitable for replacement. I purchased through Alibaba with Dongguan Heyi New Energy Co., LTD The 36 V 17,5 ah battery and two complete frame set connectors for $212 +$74 shipping. The cells are latest version high end Samsung cells. I waited for the new battery before pursuing the top cap order, expecting what I found out about differences. Lindy Chen was my contact at [email protected], but it seems like it has to be handled through Alibaba. They will need your motor wattage for BMS matching. Hope this helps someone.

Back