Copenhagen Wheel Status

MLWilcox

I watched Court's recent interview with Assaf Bidderman at Interbike. Assaf stated that the wheel at Interbike was a production model and that they were being shipped. Court even asked a follow-up question about the shipping and it seems Assaf is saying they started shipping wheels. I have looked on their website and Facebook page but there has not been any indication that a wheel has shipped to a paying customer.

Does anyone have an update on Copenhagen wheel's status?

They have been repeating the same lies for over a year.

I wouldn't buy one now even if they were shipping Waiting until version 2, if there is one

Well ..... I just went on their Facebook site and they do now (as of yesterday) have a video of a woman who received her wheel and state they have shipped a small number.

Did anyone try this at Interbike? I am curious as to the changes/improvements since Court's original review.

Sadly I'm just a few days away from cancelling my preorder. At this point, it's starting to feel more like a scam. The email today with a bunch of upcoming events but not even one mention of shipment status pretty much put me over the edge :/

Frustration at the lack of delivery a product does lead to speculation, doesn't it. Why is Assaf maintaining a presence at Interbike in late 2015? One possibility is to use the event to meet with potential investors. They have a manufacturing facility (looks like in an industrial park somewhere) but they may lack the ramp up capital (component purchases in bulk, initial payroll while sales build, marketing campaign). The most recent Superpedestrian blog states production is held up due to a need to resource some of their suppliers due to inferior quality. That may be true...but if it was the principal reason, they would have a sense for when new component shipments would be received and could forecast a shipping begin-date for their pre-orders.

Starting a new business from scratch, in a competitive U.S. market with relatively low volumes and lean net revenues, is a very tough challenge. I've seen this basic dynamic before - great concept, introductory product, lack of transparency and constantly moving delivery targets - and the end result is not often very positive. If only....

Jack

Has anyone received their Copenhagen Wheel? Although they say they are shipping, I have not heard of anyone actually getting their's. I ordered mine Christmas 2013 and cannot get an estimated shipping date or even my position on order list.
I actually liked the old design with the larger removable battery better, wonder if there would be some way the get one of those.

Due to the complete lack of information I canceled my preorder and received my money back just before Christmas (2015).
There is a facebook page called "Copenhagen Wheel Customer Complaints Page" with a person who ordered 12/3/2013 and apparently is number 55 in the queue. She still has not received her wheel. But she said she would post as soon as she received it. I'm still curious to see what will happen, and if i did the right thing.

The first review I ever saw of Courts was for the Copenhagen wheel on YouTube. Later I found the great EBR website. Surprising that this product is still not shipping.

These people have been working on this since 2009.. There is no reason for any new customer to pay them anything at this point.. And old customers should try to get the money refunded.

I watched Court's recent interview with Assaf Bidderman at Interbike. Assaf stated that the wheel at Interbike was a production model and that they were being shipped. Court even asked a follow-up question about the shipping and it seems Assaf is saying they started shipping wheels. I have looked on their website and Facebook page but there has not been any indication that a wheel has shipped to a paying customer.

Does anyone have an update on Copenhagen wheel's status?
Got mine a couple of days before Christmas. I put it on my wife's bicycle and now she is riding it all over the place - and it is winter time in Ohio! The wheel is a marvel of engineering. Setting it up and recharging it is a piece of cake. I waited a long time for this wheel - got it when it was priced <$1000. Price now approaching $1300, but still a bargain considering it has regenerative recharging capability! I know it was a long wait and I was getting very frustrated because I couldn't find out what was going on with production. What I don't know is how many have been ordered and how fast they are filling orders.

Congrats, Jan! Got a chance to test ride the Copenhagen wheel at Interbike this year. Hard to tell a lot about its performance inside the flat arena but talking with one of the MIT Tech reps involved with the project you start to wonder what couldn't this system do. He mentioned that they were working on an upgrade that would automatically notify someone if the wheel's gyroscopes got so far off balance that it would appear that the rider had crashed.

Looking forward to pics of the bike setup and hearing more about those snowy rides :)

Just came across this thread...we received our Copenhagen a wheel about 3 weeks ago (I think I put the order in 3 years ago, but Kickstarter has taught me to be patient with startups). We put it on my wife's TerraTrike, which has a standard 26" rear wheel. We got the trike a year or two ago because she has Parkinson's Disease and had begun to have a hard time maintaining balance on the bicycle starting and stopping. The trike took care of the balance issue, but her stamina and ability to climb hills was starting to limit her rides. The Copenhagen Wheel seems like an ideal solution. She was able to knock out a 10-mile ride the day we installed the wheel and felt great afterwards. So although it was a long wait, we're both quite happy with the delivered product. They said on their Facebook page that mid-January orders would be delivered in mid-February.
Terratrike Copenhagen Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Such a breakthrough product, all I can say is parts and support, parts and support, parts and support. From a dealer with history.

Back