Known Issues & Problems with Electric Bike Technologies Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Electric Bike Technologies as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

After doing some research, I'm thinking about ordering the Fat Trike. But I am a little nervous about buying such an expensive product ($2,300 + $250 shipping) online, without a test drive. If I get it and don't like the ride, then a remorse return would cost me $500 for shipping. Meaning that after the refund for the cost of the trike, I would still be out a total of $750 for shipping.

So I came to this forum looking for user experiences (positive or negative) to give me some objective information, and am pretty surprised to see absolutely no discussion. Aren't they a pretty big player in the e-trike space?

Have you ridden a regular non electric trike? If not, you better do that. How do you plan to repair the bike when it breaks? Do you have a vehicle to transport it to a bike shop? The warranty is one year. Bikes are in high demand now and prices have gone up. I paid nothing for shipping from this company for a two wheel e-bike six months ago and I believe nothing to ship it back if I wasn't satisfied. I suggest going to some local dealers even if they are two hours away that sell trikes and test drive them. Then give them the business, unless you have a plan for repairs. $750 is a lot of money to waste on shipping. You also might want to go with a brand name product if you are concerned about the lack of information online. Piece of mind costs money.

Back