Blix Aveny - more power, more range, more features... same price

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
Thanks for the share! Looking forward to getting riders on the updated Aveny step-through and continuing to offer affordable and stylish e-bikes, yet with more power and utility. :)

I bought one and will start commuting regularly on Friday. We will start hitting the 50s more and more in March. My front basket came in today. Love it! Rode to work twice using level 3 assist. 24 Miles round trip. It used 2/5 of battery power. I've ridden it two more times to work. My speed is slowly increasing as the bike loosens up/Breaks in. Love it. Live in Denver and the weather is becoming more consistently spring like. I wish the bike had the sol tire sizes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_185849.jpg
    IMG_20200302_185849.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_20200201_075519.jpg
    IMG_20200201_075519.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_20200201_080736.jpg
    IMG_20200201_080736.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 947
Last edited:
I bought one and will start commuting regularly on Friday. We will start hitting the 50s more and more in March. My front basket came in today. Love it! Rode to work twice using level 3 assist. 24 Miles round trip. It used 2/5 of battery power.
I love the all green! I have the cream one.

I've ridden the bike 300 mile to and from work this spring and really enjoy this bike. Unfortunately, my local bicycle shop is no longer bringing in this brand. I love this bike more than my Raleigh. This bike is smoother, faster and has the rack and lights that I need to commute with. My next Blix bike might be the Sol as I love beach cruisers. I'm really stoked about Blix. I dropped my battery and the case cracked, but like every ebike maker they don't have replacement parts. They did give me the supplier however, I'm not sure what model case. I live in Denver and my 25 mile round trip allows me to take about 3 trips using level 3 assist. My old bike I had to charge every day. This bike I charge about every 2 to 3 days. I am so glad that I decided to get this bike. It's a great value.

I also had trouble with the rear disk being warped. Blix sent me a replacement within 2 days of taking pictures and contacting Customer Service. Thank You Blix!

I thought that I'd include some videos of my Commute to Work. I used a Akaso EK7000. I hope that you enjoy it. I live in Denver, CO. I love the bike! I ride 3-4 times a week about 12 miles. I also reduce my Assist Level to 2 going to work sometimes. Getting in better shape. Enjoy!

@SabrinaBlix @Pontus Malmberg

Still trying to get a test ride on an Aveny. I just got an e-mail from Blix that test rides were available at the Santa Cruz HQ. However, I spent last week in Monterey, called the store, left a message and got no callback. Won't buy without test ride due to 25% re-stocking fee if I don't like.

Still trying to get a test ride on an Aveny. I just got an e-mail from Blix that test rides were available at the Santa Cruz HQ. However, I spent last week in Monterey, called the store, left a message and got no callback. Won't buy without test ride due to 25% re-stocking fee if I don't like.
I replied in a different section but I’ll share again. We were able to test the Aveny in July in Sonoma. They were very accommodating. We ride around town for about three hours before wine tasting. We later tested a Rad and Pedago. We researched others in the price range and decided on three Avenys based on our type of use. Good luck.

I replied in a different section but I’ll share again. We were able to test the Aveny in July in Sonoma. They were very accommodating. We ride around town for about three hours before wine tasting. We later tested a Rad and Pedago. We researched others in the price range and decided on three Avenys based on our type of use. Good luck.

Good Choice!!! My wife loves her Aveny and I like it better than my Trek and Electra e-bikes, at 1/2 the price.

I also recommend joining the Blix Owners Group on Facebook. You might be able to find someone who owns the bike and often times, they're generous to let you check their bike out if you're near the area.

I have about 2200 miles on my Blix Aveny. I have owned my bike since March 2020. My bike lives outside and I bring my battery in every two to three days if the temperature is above 50 F

I am a type 2 diabetic and have lost about 45 lbs. My insulin doses have gone down by 90% and I am trying to lose in the short term another 20 lbs, but 70 lbs by next summer. I am seeing a nutritionist which has helped a lot. The key is being disciplined in diet and getting good gear. I buy my gear from thriftstores and Big 5.

As I will be commuting over the winter, I am exploring other routes that have better snow melt. Enclosed is one of the routes that I'm exploring in Denver. So far, I haven't had any issues with the bike. I charge my battery every two days, the battery can last three days round trip of about 24-25 miles and I commute four times a week. I hope that you enjoy my work to home videos. Keep on biking. Great job Blix.

The prior battery was more secure, and a Panasonic. Yeah, the new battery is samsung and 48 volt, but these hailong style batteries don't hold their connection well when mounted vertically as on this model. Its an awkward fit between the stays. It's more of a force fit and aftermarket-quality like you would see with kits you'd purchase on Ali-Express. With so many ebike brands out there, the competition is fierce, and you can find much more well integrated batteries, even concealed within the frame, and more secure connectivity, than you'd ever find in this Hailong style casing.

That's very interesting. I am trying to decide between an Aventon and the Aveny - I like the Rads but they are much too heavy for me. I would be very interested to hear if people have had problems with the Aveny battery mounting and losing connection. Thanks!

I don’t own an Aveny but my battery mounts the same way. I’ve not experienced any connection issues at all. I would note that the connection, being down so low on the bike, has a tendency to accumulate road grit. I just have to be a little attentive to keeping that area clean.

That's very interesting. I am trying to decide between an Aventon and the Aveny - I like the Rads but they are much too heavy for me. I would be very interested to hear if people have had problems with the Aveny battery mounting and losing connection. Thanks!
The Blix and Aventon are basically the same bikes. Which bike fits you better. Blix has lights and fenders. Aventon doesn't for the same price. I went with Blix Aveny. 3000 miles later, I am happy with my choice.

The prior battery was more secure, and a Panasonic. Yeah, the new battery is samsung and 48 volt, but these hailong style batteries don't hold their connection well when mounted vertically as on this model. Its an awkward fit between the stays. It's more of a force fit and aftermarket-quality like you would see with kits you'd purchase on Ali-Express. With so many ebike brands out there, the competition is fierce, and you can find much more well integrated batteries, even concealed within the frame, and more secure connectivity, than you'd ever find in this Hailong style casing.
The Prior battery was 36V the new one is 48 V.

Update at 3600 miles my bike was stolen. If I was getting a new ebike I'd go with the Aventon Level 2. The Aveny is a great bike. I'm bummed that it was stolen and the U Lock was broken.

Back