Known Issues & Problems with Gepida Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with Gepida products as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I have a Gepida Alboin SLX 10. I bought it barely used with low miles. I have only minor complaints. It would be nice to have detailed videos on things like the display as well as maintenance items and common upgrades like installing a mirror on the handle bar.The water bottle holder is small and a standard bottle does not fit well. It would have been nice to have a Topeak rack system and Topeak basket as standard equipment. But, these niggling details aside, the bike is tight. No rattles. The seat is very comfortable. The gears shift confidently. The pedals are extremely comfortable and well-positioned. In short, I'm thrilled with this bike. It seems very well designed and built. I appreciate the quick-release on the seat post and the front tire.

Last edited:
I have a gepida Albion slx10 I bought with 70km three months ago . The things I like are the quality of the manufacturing and the smoothness of the engine along with the mudguards and lights and how easy it is to change a tyre . I've done 500km now and ride it to work 5km each way . I'll keep posting as the bike ages and let other owners know of any issues . Very happy with it so far.

I have a gepida Albion slx10
Hey, thanks for the post. I'd like sharing information with you about what's coming up for maintenance, questions, etc. Right now the gears on my are beginning to jump and shift without me doing anything. Brakes are not as grippy as I'd like after changing them.

Update 2023: The Gepida SLX 10 now has over 12K kilometers on it. It has held up very well. The jumpy gears I mentioned in the first months of ownership were due to a loose back wheel--the quick release was frighteningly loose. The brakes are much, much better after upgrading the rotor to the next-step Shimano. The maintenance has been nothing other than what you'd expect. One thing I'm a bit worried about is the contacts for the Bosch display. I take the off every time I park someplace, hundreds of times now, and it seems the display contacts could get worn.

Last edited:
Back