26x4 tires

mskrone

Region
USA
I have a Crosstour on order with the 26 x 4 tire option. Based on how tight the parts supply seems to be getting, what width tires can I use on the rims that will come on the Crosstour? Am I restricted to just the 4" width or do I have a little room to play?

I can only speculate, but stop this video @ 10:43

Looks like CrossTour's stock tire is almost touching the frame.
Yes, it does look like there is really no room for play there. I'll wait to hear if others have a different experience or a small change in frame dimensions on the rear but it looks like you're spot on with that observation.

Well I know the front fork can handle those huge Johnny 5 tires from Terrene
Johnny 5
I know because I asked Pushkar.....however the rear is a different story, that I don't know.

My crosstour was originally spec’d with 4” tires, but Pushkar upgraded them to 4.8”. So I know at least those will fit.

My crosstour was originally spec’d with 4” tires, but Pushkar upgraded them to 4.8”. So I know at least those will fit.
Thank you! That was the size I was interested in. For general running on pavement, trails and single track which size (4.0 v 4.8) do you think is preferable?

Thank you! That was the size I was interested in. For general running on pavement, trails and single track which size (4.0 v 4.8) do you think is preferable?
Honestly I have no idea. I just went with whatever would get me my bike sooner. The only downside Pushkar mentioned is that the bigger tire is a bit wider than the fenders.

Honestly I have no idea. I just went with whatever would get me my bike sooner. The only downside Pushkar mentioned is that the bigger tire is a bit wider than the fenders.
@pushkar Are you mounting fenders on the newer version of the Crosstour? The photos don't show them. Also, what is the option regarding 26x4 versus 26x4.8. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts and input.

I have a Crosstour on order with the 26 x 4 tire option. Based on how tight the parts supply seems to be getting, what width tires can I use on the rims that will come on the Crosstour? Am I restricted to just the 4" width or do I have a little room to play?
You have to know your rim width first.

Back