Hello Acey- I just had to do this on my new Haibike Sduro today. Both front and back 4 piston brakes had a high pitch squealing sound. Followed all those procedures listed above using the detergent method on the pads, fine grit sand paper and isopropyl alcohol on the disks. Now they are grabbing quite well with out the noise. Still working on the bedding procedure. Magura recommends start out pedaling and get to 20mph and start to brake hard (without a skid) and repeat 25-30 Xs to bed the brakes in on front and back. Thanks for the heads up!

Huh ... I didn't know about the Magura recommendation but recently: my LBS did an end of year brake bleed on my R&M last December. When I got it back, the rear brake would make a UFO sound upon light to moderate application and no sound on heavy application. It was dead silent with no application of brakes. I went out over a few rides and worked the brake really hard with many hard stops per ride. Solved the problem and both front and rear are now silent.

Huh ... I didn't know about the Magura recommendation but recently: my LBS did an end of year brake bleed on my R&M last December. When I got it back, the rear brake would make a UFO sound upon light to moderate application and no sound on heavy application. It was dead silent with no application of brakes. I went out over a few rides and worked the brake really hard with many hard stops per ride. Solved the problem and both front and rear are now silent.

Sure. I did not know about brake bedding myself until I started reading all of the literature that came in the packet fresh out of the box. Each component on the bike has a description with model numbers, etc. The Magura printout specifically has a section called 'Bedding- in brake pads' that indicates the full process. I honestly never bedded-in pads before, so I made sure I followed it. Braking hard sometimes causes a skid, however, I have used the lever adjustment screw to avoid that from happening.

Back