Known Issues & Problems with CIVI BIKES Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from CIVI BIKES as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update, or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I have a predator. I have noticed my rear wheel is not dished correctly. The rim is strait, but the wheel is not centered in the frame causing the bike to be unbalanced and gets the death wobbles at speed.. How can this be fixed.

So i called my bike dealer and he said warranty on electric components only. He says, I get bike in box. I no control what in box. It come that way. It need something else, you fix. I said ok, but not if the frame is bent, then ill want a replacement bike. So ill have to take it up with the manufacturer.

Rob B, How did things work out for you? I thought Civi Bikes took good care of their customers?
I had a bad charger brand new it was dead and was replaced promptly. Sounds like your bike dealer isn't much help.

So it's been awhile and I assume you got things worked out. Hope you have many miles by now and enjoying your ride. I have a Civi Cheetah and have had no problems. Everything is working smooth and dependable. Great fun!

20200427_150138.jpg

Rob B, How did things work out for you? I thought Civi Bikes took good care of their customers?
I had a bad charger brand new it was dead and was replaced promptly. Sounds like your bike dealer isn't much help.

So it's been awhile and I assume you got things worked out. Hope you have many miles by now and enjoying your ride. I have a Civi Cheetah and have had no problems. Everything is working smooth and dependable. Great fun!

View attachment 58879
I got ahold of civibikes. Said they would reimburse me up to 200$ to have a bike shop look at it... None will touch it and the issue is still unresolved. I wont be buying a civibike again. Lousy dealer if you ask me.

I have a New Cheetah and love it. I've had to make some adjustments but, overall I would recomend this bike. I have noticed a rattle over speed bumps comming from the tank. The electronic speed controller is not mounted. It is loose with only the wire connections holding it in place.
Seems like it should be fastened. Check yours and let me know what you find.

Mine was simply floating around in front of the battery so I removed the battery and relocated some of the speed controller wires, cut some insulation form rubber and made a foam cradle to isolate the controller from excess movement inside the frame area.

Thanks. Just seemed odd that it was not fastened in place. This could result in wire fatigue, loose connections etc. I'll have to have another look to see how to solve the issue. You're idea works and is simple. Everything I do is overcomplicated and takes way too long.

e-controller malfunction? Sis' Civi rebel 1.0 sparked/smoked a cable on left side of handlebars down by goosneck. display said error 30 or 32...battery overcharge? battery charged back up, off bike and i'm seeing 53.7v with 4 full bars on charge light. what would have enough oomph in that harness up there to spark and smoke? sis said it puffed smoke 3 more times just sitting there and now no LED diaplay. are there fuses anywhere on this bike? she's afraid to leave it in garage with battery in place. what would need replacing...display/throttle/brake? i dont have bike in front of me, just seeing if anyone would know what rides on those cables that would short. maybe headlight?

Help Please! (Noob here)
New Cheetah bike & drove less than 1 mile before this Red warning light came on and throttle stopped working.
I’d like to take it out this weekend but only if it’s working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A3B6A908-083D-4F95-A106-3D301FC91732.jpeg

Had the same issue happen to me today. Bike is less than a year old. 270 miles. I have a message in to support. I'll let you know what I hear. Anyone else?

Back