250W and hills?

Change to the 14-34 cassette. I went from a 11-46 to a 11-34 with my e-bike as I was not using the larger cogs and wanted tighter spacing. In my case I also needed to change the rear deraileur. The Shimano I bought would handle up to a 34T cassette.
I could use a little help concerning the rear cassette change on my bike. I made that upgrade from 14-28T Falcon to Shimano 14-34T and changed the derailleur to a Shimano Long Cage with a new longer chain. However, after the upgrade I can NOT back pedal or freewheel with my bike. What do you think I may have done wrong.. The motor drives the bike FINE no problems with the hub motor (just the rear seems locked into a fixed gear system on the axel. Any Ideas would be helpful before I start to disassemble the bike and try to fix this mess. Thanks in advance for your much needed comments. P.S. the bike changed gears ALL gears just fine - no problems when on the Bike Vice but did not check if I could back pedal or free wheel at that time.

Sell your bike on Craigslist and get a mid-drive. If you live in hills all around you. There is no better alternative IMO. The gentlemen whom showed you the mid-drive bike was 100% correct.
A rear hub motor does not benefit from gear changes , only "your legs" do.

Sell your bike on Craigslist and get a mid-drive. If you live in hills all around you. There is no better alternative IMO. The gentlemen whom showed you the mid-drive bike was 100% correct.

Thanks for that info...

Thanks, I really do have to re-think this whole THING!

Well finished at last! ! ! I changed the freewheel 28T to a 34T - problem solved the new freewheel assembly had a spoke protector that dis-allowed the rear wheel to move as it would bind and prevent back pedaling or coasting. The new 34T did the trick and allowed my legs to become the hill climbers the Good Lord designed them to be! The small 250W hub motor does help but the real power is all ME ! ! Thank you all for your comments / advise; I am grateful to you all for your insight; thanks again.

Back