24in vs 26 in frame

Corvette Corner

Region
USA
I am a 77 year old senior and am choosing an e bike. the 26 in model with seat down still seems too high. UI am leaning toward a 24 in bike for recreational trail riding. Comments?
Thanks

How long is your pants inseam measurement? How long are the sleeves of your shirt?
26" frame is enormous, I do not think they make them that big. 26" tire (559 wheel) is pretty common.
24" tire is pretty common. I have a 28" pants inseam, and I ride a 16" frame with 26" wheels.
A problem is that bike stores will not stock bikes for short people. Except the pink seven speed with rim brakes and a Holly Hobby logo on the seat. Strawberry Shortcake logo maybe. I had to order the bike shown in my avatar from 3000 miles away with no possibility of sitting on it. My yuba bodaboda is no longer made, so forget that. The seat-pedal distance is fine, but the seat to handgrips distance is a little long for me.
Trek has a sub-brand for short people, Liv. You will have to visit NYC LA Chicago or Seattle to sit on one in a store. There is nothing like that stocked within 180 miles of my city.
Do not be pushed by the salesman to buy a 20" wheel bike with fat tires. Fat tires (3" up) are comfortable, but if you run the battery down, they are very difficult to pedal unpowered. 20 psi soaks up the watthours of the battery also. Another trap is the bosch active line motor. The battery runs down, you spin the motor with your feet. Liv has that motor I believe.
The one frame I know might be okay is the blix packa. www.blixbikes.com/products/packa 24" high pressure tires. Has a geared hub motor that does not drag if you pedal it unpowered. Cargo model, so 6" longer than an equivalent MTB or cruiser. Probably won't fit a rack on your SUV. My bodaboda won't fit the racks on the city busses here.

Last edited:
How long is your pants inseam measurement? How long are the sleeves of your shirt?
26" frame is enormous, I do not think they make them that big. 26" tire (559 wheel) is pretty common.
24" tire is pretty common. I have a 28" pants inseam, and I ride a 16" frame with 26" wheels.
A problem is that bike stores will not stock bikes for short people. Except the pink seven speed with rim brakes and a Holly Hobby logo on the seat. Strawberry Shortcake logo maybe. I had to order the bike shown in my avatar from 3000 miles away with no possibility of sitting on it. My yuba bodaboda is no longer made, so forget that. The seat-pedal distance is fine, but the seat to handgrips distance is a little long for me.
Trek has a sub-brand for short people, Liv. You will have to visit NYC LA Chicago or Seattle to sit on one in a store. There is nothing like that stocked within 180 miles of my city.
Do not be pushed by the salesman to buy a 20" wheel bike with fat tires. Fat tires (3" up) are comfortable, but if you run the battery down, they are very difficult to pedal unpowered. 20 psi soaks up the watthours of the battery also. Another trap is the bosch active line motor. The battery runs down, you spin the motor with your feet. Liv has that motor I believe.
The one frame I know might be okay is the blix packa. www.blixbikes.com/products/packa 24" high pressure tires. Has a geared hub motor that does not drag if you pedal it unpowered. Cargo model, so 6" longer than an equivalent MTB or cruiser. Probably won't fit a rack on your SUV. My bodaboda won't fit the racks on the city busses here.
I meant to say 24 in tire vs 26 in tire, not frame size. Thanks for your reply.

Back