Replacement Lithium Battery

Tkstoy05

Good Day; I've purchased my FIRST E-Bike (used FYI) and I'm trying to find a Lithium ion battery that will fit and replace this Heavy standard Watseka (36v 9 AH) any suggestions or directions as to where to purchase. Thanks In Advance Pensacola Fl. All flat land riding for her back and forth to our preschool about 2 miles one way.

Its a Step thru Watseka not sure of the year model

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180328-224701_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180328-224701_Gallery.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 1,068
A 36V 10AH lithium ion battery is about 8 pounds, so is it worth $200-300 to save 16 pounds? Perhaps when the lead acid wears out. I've read they tend to wear out relatively fast.

Your battery looks large, so you may be able to fit a different battery in the same space, using a new battery cradle. What's the lengthxwidthxheight of the current battery?

A 36V 10AH lithium ion battery is about 8 pounds, so is it worth $200-300 to save 16 pounds? Perhaps when the lead acid wears out. I've read they tend to wear out relatively fast.

Your battery looks large, so you may be able to fit a different battery in the same space, using a new battery cradle. What's the lengthxwidthxheight of the current battery?

I work at a Papermill so making a NEW or Modifying this Battery box will be no problem. I picked the bike up for $60 bucks so YES a $200-300 Battery is a MUST at the 16 lbs weight savings. Thank You now just where to find one

If you're willing to hack the bike. Buy a 36V battery with a cradle. Identify the +/- terminals at the existing connector. Splice in the new connections. You can mount the new battery on the frame, or inside the existing space if it fits.

I've never purchased from this guy, but this might be an alright battery from california e-bike. And you need the cradle. While it's a US re-seller, they're probably drop shipped from China. It should fit on your frame's downtube if it's not too curved. Might not be a good fit inside the frame. Check measurements.

I'm comfortable with buying batteries direct from China. It is a risk because if they don't work, you're hosed. I've purchased two from Unit Pack Power. They shipped in a week and were properly packaged. I've only used mine a few months, so cannot speak with any knowledge about reliability. Here's a similar battery to what you have that might fit in the same space.

Please do some research and ask around. Don't go by one post from me. Batteries do pack a lot of energy and all are fire hazards.

Back