2022 Vado 4.0 Battery/Motor Connection Error

WiggityZwiggity

Region
USA
I recently had an issue with my new (December) 2022 Vado 4.0 - the TCD would display a motor/battery connection error then immediately shut off. I took it into my LBS - they could not diagnose what was wrong with it because their "diagnostic tools" were not updated for 2022 models. They've now had it for nearly 3 weeks - but claim they can't process a warranty claim because their B2B Specialized software is "down" and Specialized would not honor a warranty claim via phone. I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point given their estimate was that the bike would need to be sent back to Specialized to be diagnosed, taking several weeks to months. This is my primary form of transportation and I'm just left feeling smoke screened by my LBS that is sitting on the bike, not filing a warranty claim and with little recourse. Someone from Specialized rider care reached out proactively to ask about my experience, which I described, and there response was "that's a bummer they can't file a warranty claim" why don't you take it to another dealer. That's a fairly frustrating response to receive - looking for any advice on how to proceed at this point given the LBS doesn't seem to care, is not proactively providing me any updates without me walking into the store and asking what the status is, to only receive a status of - we haven't been able to file the claim yet, "but soon". Trying to be patient, courteous to the LBS, but after 3 weeks and 3 visits with no updates I'm running short on patience.

Fun update - Specialized Rider Care just informed me that the bike store I shipped the bike purchased through specialized.com to where it was assembled and picked up is no longer a Specialized dealer and my only recourse at this point is to pick the bike up and take it to another dealer. I guess there is at least a solution, but it seems incredibly shady to me.

No wonder the LBS where you picked up your Vado from didn't have the latest diagnostic tools...

Back