2022 Turbo Vado pedal torque specs

Nonlinear

I'm going to put some new pedals on my Turbo Vado. Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the pedals? The closest thing I can find in the manual is for the crank arm, and that is 50 nM. Not sure if that applies also to the pedals? Thanks for any help!

you often wont find a torque spec for pedals because they tighten themselves as you pedal, that’s why one of them is backwards,

I’ve seen numbers from 30-40 nm for pedals, but there’s really no point. just crank it tightly with a wrench that has more than a few inches of leverage and you’ll be fine. however, they can be VERY hard to remove if not greased properly on install. ask me how I know :)

you often wont find a torque spec for pedals because they tighten themselves as you pedal, that’s why one of them is backwards,

I’ve seen numbers from 30-40 nm for pedals, but there’s really no point. just crank it tightly with a wrench that has more than a few inches of leverage and you’ll be fine. however, they can be VERY hard to remove if not greased properly on install. ask me how I know :)
I am totally with you. I have never used a torque wrench on the pedals. On contrary, I tighten them manually and rather delicately because I need to replace them from time to time as if they were my shoes. The pedals indeed tighten themselves during pedalling.

Applying some anti-seize paste on the threads is a good idea. It is steel on aluminium, and that combination is apt to seize.

Thanks so much, guys! I have some random grease, would that work? Or should I pick up some anti-sieze paste? Thanks!

Edit: actually I already have some anti-sieze, so I'm good to go!

Last edited:
Or should I pick up some anti-sieze paste
No harm if you do it. It will make removing the pedals easier in the future.
I actually tighten my pedals quite lightly, and still need to use some force to unscrew them (I have forgotten where I put a tube of my anti-seize paste, haha!)

Back