2021 Espin Flow

wabaseballfamily

Region
USA
Looks like they added new features to this popular model.

If I ordered in mid jan and haven't heard anything since, I wonder of there's a chance I'll get a 2021 delivered.

Edit: Lol: I should have checked my email.

"We just wanted to thank you for supporting our brand. As a token of our appreciation, we have upgraded your 2020 FLOW purchase to our new and improved 2021 FLOW model at no cost to you. Thank you for joining us on this incredible journey of making life effortlessly electric."

Now hopefully it comes with the racks. It should come with at least the back one since the one I ordered had that.

Pics are a bit confusing, but is one of the upgrades a front rack?

I see color display.

Motor now says "Espin Motor" where it used to be "Bafang" which is should still be.

Other updates?

I see color display.

Motor now says "Espin Motor" where it used to be "Bafang" which is should still be.

Other updates?
Front rack and bottle connectors.
Wider tires.
Brighter front light?

I see color display.

Other updates?
That’s all I see. Color display, different motor and a front rack (front and rear rack now optional). Also looks like a little wider tire.

Last edited:
Would be nice if the display showed voltage and time of day as well. The 5 bars are pretty useless...

I see color display.

Other updates?
If you look closely, they added brazed bosses to screw the front rack into. So front rack probably wont fit the early version

I see color display.

Other updates?
Espin said the motor and controller on the 2021 Flow is different, so the color display won't work with the previous gen model.
also Espin said the frame on the new model is more rigid - so less flex, which was a customer complaint.

Is the motor still Bafang? They have a decent rep and I've had no issues with the Bafang on my Sport.

Is the motor still Bafang? They have a decent rep and I've had no issues with the Bafang on my Sport.
It's branded now, so it's different in that respect. I suspect someone will bust theirs open and poke around once these actually start arriving.

My guess is Bafang oemed the motor and put Espin name on it. The controller might be slightly different. Wonder what they did to help with flex considering the bike weight appears to be the same. It looks the same except for the some added bosses for a water bottle and the new bike rack.

It's branded now, so it's different in that respect. I suspect someone will bust theirs open and poke around once these actually start arriving.
Yeah... wondering who the OEM is. I think the other popular ones are Shengyi and Dapu.

Espin lowered their top gear even more. The smallest cog is a 13T now. The chainring may be slightly bigger at 46T but not enough to offset the smaller cog.

Espin lowered their top gear even more. The smallest cog is a 13T now. The chainring may be slightly bigger at 46T but not enough to offset the smaller cog.
the current 2020 bikes with SRam are shipping with 11T top gear. Works great. Sorry to see them go backwards on this area, but everything else seems better.

the current 2020 bikes with SRam are shipping with 11T top gear. Works great. Sorry to see them go backwards on this area, but everything else seems better.
11T? The website had said 12T over the last year and now says 13T. The August & Oct 2020 archive pages for Flow and Sport both say "12-32T". I used to mention the 12T on this forum from time to time, and no one ever said differently. 11T could have been better, if that's what some were shipping with. Wider tires and adjustable power percentage (per assist level) with power based assist (not speed based) would be nice.

Back