2021 Como 3.0 "No Battery" Error

Mike Moore

Region
USA
City
San Ramon, CA
I have a 2021 Como 3.0. Recently I have had a handful of incidents where in the middle of a ride at the bottom of the display the message "No Battery" appears and the remaining battery percentage on the display disappears. I then have to power cycle the system to get the battery information to display correctly. In all cases this has happened when there is significant battery capacity remaining, greater that 40%. The battery checks out fine when viewed in Mission Control. Any ideas?

It is either the button battery in the TCD-w display as Marcela said (the message would be Low Batt) but the more probable thing is the bad contact between the e-bike battery and the socket inside the frame. I recommend cleaning the contacts both on the e-bike battery and inside the bike with compressed air (or better, a contact cleaner). Also inspecting if there are no foreign objects between the contacts or inside the frame (preventing the good contact).

Last edited:
It is either the button battery in the TCD-w display as Marcela said (the message would be Low Batt) but the more probable thing is the bad contact between the e-bike battery and the socket inside the frame. I recommend cleaning the contacts both on the e-bike battery and inside the bike with compressed air (or better, a contact cleaner). Also inspecting if there are no foreign objects between the contacts or inside the frame (preventing the good contact).
Thanks Stefan, do you have a recommendation for a good "contact cleaner"?

Back