2020 Turbo Vado 3.0

Right Stefan. Common inseam is length from ankle comfortably to crotch. From ankle to bottom (or heel) of your boots / sneakers / flip flops or whatever … is to be added for total standover height for that day's foot garb. The possible variations speak another reason for the step through frames.

I made the mistake of buying a too tall bike only once. The top tube in my acoustic bike is half inch from my crotch...

I made the mistake of buying a too tall bike only once. The top tube in my acoustic bike is half inch from my crotch...
BFCBF6DE-2641-4136-8171-035CB865B799.gif

Back in the old days when all road bikes had horizontal top tubes, the standard way of determining your size was by straddling the top tube and getting the size that you could just manage to straddle. I remember my Schwinn LeTour being "fitted" in this manner.

Back in the old days when all road bikes had horizontal top tubes, the standard way of determining your size was by straddling the top tube and getting the size that you could just manage to straddle. I remember my Schwinn LeTour being "fitted" in this manner.
In addition to top tubes sloping at different angles by model, the manufacturers also spec standover height differently. For example, the Vado is spec'd at the bottom bracket where my Cannondale Quick is spec'd 75mm forward of the bottom bracket. Worse, the major manufacturers recommend frame sizes with overlapping ranges of rider height. Makes it almost impossible to compare geometries on paper. The only reliable way these days is to go take a test ride. This was certainly the case for me and the Vado.

Back