2019 Pegasus Ebike Models Unveiled at Interbike

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, PEGASUS was presented alongside BULLS at Interbike 2018, showcasing their 2019 lineup. It's the first time I had ever seen the brand and I was impressed with the quality of their ebikes. Adam Anderson gave me a tour of the lineup and presented them as being "economical" but the prices were definitely still in the high range compared to what I would consider cheap. This was the first year for Interbike to be held in Reno, Nevada with Outdoor Demo Day in Northstar. I was told that PEGASUS is a sister brand to BULLS.

PEGASUS is utilizing Bosch drive systems for 2019 in the US and these are the models we looked at:
  • PEGASUS Premio NU (has Bosch Performance Line CX motor, PowerTube 500, Gates Carbon belt drive, and NuVinci N360 CVT drivetrain)
  • PEGASUS Premio E8 (has Bosch Active Line Plus motor, PowerPack 500, Gates Carbon belt drive, and Shimano Nexus 8 internally geared hub drivetrain)
  • PEGASUS Premio Sport (has Bosch Active Line Plus motor, PowerPack 500, standard chain, and Shimano Nexus 8 internally geared hub drivetrain)

All three models fit into the "everyday city bike" category, or what I would refer to as urban commuter because they have fenders, racks, and integrated lights. They each look very comfortable, given the adjustable angle stems and basic suspension. I like the Magura hydraulic rim brakes we saw, which tend to stay in good shape at the bike rack compared to some larger disc brake rotors, which can get bent.

Adam told me that PEGASUS has a board made up of individuals from many sectors of society that are committed to establishing a culture of cycling in Germany. This includes civil servants, business owners, and corporate executives. During this video update, I spotted Edward Busk from Sleek Ebikes in Tarrytown, New York. We've spoken before and he shared his thoughts on the brand. His website is (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) if you're interested.

To run the forums, host the website, and travel, I have introduced a universal service fee for my reviews and some in-depth videos like this one. BULLS paid me to produce an in-depth video of their lineup and I did this PEGASUS video for fun and for free. My goal is to be transparent and unbiased, this video and post are not meant to be an endorsement of their products. Because there was payment exchanged and the two companies are closely related, I am labeling this video as an #AD to be transparent and honest with you.

Attachments

• 2019-pegasus-electric-bike-catalog.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 965
Back