2018 Easy Motion EVO Updates

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys! I put together a short video walkthrough of the 2018 Easy Motion EVO models with Joe Marcoux. The company moved from Foothills Ranch, California to Saint Louis, Illinois in June, 2018 so this was my last video update at their old headquarters! Below is the video and more description. You can check out my latest Easy Motion reviews at https://electricbikereview.com/brand/easy-motion/ and I'll follow up with any questions here as time permits :D

Easy Motion produces a line of ebikes that were originally called NEO and then moved on to be called EVO. They utilize Dapu internally geared hub motors, have very custom streamlined downtube-integrated battery packs, and sell at a value price point. Most of the models are setup for city use and offer twist throttle operation as well as TMM4 torque sensing pedal assist. The EVO Jumper, 27.5, Big Bud Pro, and Cross are all trail capable and may or may not have twist throttles depending on the year purchased (the older models did tend to have throttles, which was pretty neat). I have reviewed many of these models back at ElectricBikeReview.com in the Easy Motion category here: https://electricbikereview.com/brand/easy-motion/

In this video we looked closely at several models including the EVO City Wave and Evo Street which offer approachable step-thru frames and now have 500 watt hour battery packs. I like that both of the display panels are removable and the Street has a USB port built into the larger display base. Many of the urban models have integrated lights, fenders, and quick release systems for the front and rear wheels, which is unique for hub motor setups. The EVO Eco Lite actually has a dynamo hub on the front for 2018, so the headlight will run even if the battery is empty. Some models are designated as "Pro" which means that they offer a 600 watt hour battery vs. 500 watt. Easy Motion / BH offers a five year warranty with 2 years on the battery and 1 year reimbursed labor warranty at dealers. I frequently encounter dealers who struggle with how to best handle repairs without gouging customers but BH seems to have done a great job with this. For 2018, dealers can now adjust the amperage power output to be more efficient for people who are seeking stability... they plug a computer directly into the cable that connects to the display to do this. The bikes are setup to be zippier and faster by default because that shows well on the shop floors and during demo rides. All of the cross bikes come in small, medium, and large while most of the other EVO models come in a couple of sizes for improved fit and comfort.

The EVO models were first introduced in 2012 and utilize a Dapu geared hub motor, the ATOM line uses Brose mid motors, and the REBEL line uses Yamaha mid motors. Easy Motion is one of the few brands to offer such an extensive line like this. They sell globally, are based in Spain, and have a vast network of US dealers. You may begin to see the company referring more to their products as BH in the future, which is already a line of non-electric bicycles. This seems like another signal that the US market is accepting e-bikes and recognizing them as bicycles and not mopeds or something to be set apart. Keep an eye out for more display function videos and posts here that go in-depth with how to operate Easy Motion electric bikes.

easy-motion-evo-2018-updates-thumbnail.jpg

Court, nice overview. Always liked BH/EasyMotion products.

Have you reviewed the new Atom X Lynx 5/6 Plus Pro emtbs yet? Impressive specs. 720wh battery using 21700 cells.

Court, nice overview. Always liked BH/EasyMotion products.

Have you reviewed the new Atom X Lynx 5/6 Plus Pro emtbs yet? Impressive specs. 720wh battery using 21700 cells.
I've got footage of the EM Rebel Lynx 5.5 27.5 Plus PW-X and will be reviewing it soon, I can prioritize it based on your interest here... Glad you enjoyed this short tour video ;)

Court, I just bought the 2018 EM Rebel Lynx 5.5 27.5 Plus PW-X to go along with my 2017 Evo Cross. I would love to see your review of it! Electric Bike Action Magazine just did a great review in this months issue.

I love my EM Evo Street (2015 edition). Of course I would love the newest Evo Street Pro+, because of the bigger motor and the bigger battery. But not this year. I plan to stick with BH/Evo Street in general. While I've seen other step thru ebikes on EBR and several are quite enticing, the combination of geometry, size, fully equipped, warranty, consistent performance, and price vs other options in the market are important factors.

Back