2018 750 All Terrain review

rimfirematt

I'm thinking I might just do a journal style review of this bike. If I get ambitious I might do some filming and photos. But for now I'm trying to provide what info I can for people who are considering this bike. Ok, so I now have just over 50 miles on this bike. Probably half pavement miles and the other half really extreme off road trails. Im 6'0 tall 220 lbs. Hoping the bike will take care of some of those 2's haha.

Does the bike live up to as advertised? Yes it does. All the components were exactly as described, the quality of the bike looks really good, very nice welds, wires are nice and neat and everything looks straight. The lights are nice and bright. Are the range and speed claims accurate? I'm going to say yes. It's a little difficult to get it up to 28 plus miles an hour on a flat straight away but it can but keep in mind I'm a big guy. The battery lasts longer than I do. I have not run the battery completely out so I don't know about this one. I go a little over 20 miles and decide to charge it.

How and where I'm riding this is mostly paved moderate hilly terrain, and mostly on pedal assist 1,2 and 3. For 80% of the time this is more than enough. 70% of the time 1 and 2 are the best. Off road. The first off road adventure was a hilly old road. Some mud bud mostly fairly smooth. Pedal assist 3 was mostly used. I could maintain a good 15 Mph cruising speed with that. My second off road adventure which was yesterday, involved 4 miles of I had no business being there with a bike HAHA! I'm currently enjoying 2 aspirin and motrin. This trail was a dog mushing trail in the winter. Right now its a swampy, grassy muddy mess. I probably walked my bike about a mile of it. Just cause it was so full of swampy holes. One trick I learned was to quit pedaling when it got really extreme. The pedals would hit obstacles or the ground. So I just would hit the throttle and blast through.

Overall Im very happy with my decision, especially for the money. I had to wait awhile for this bike to show up and I ordered it before I really educated myself on these E bikes. So during the wait I researched and was starting to think the only thing that was going to work for me was going to be a mid drive. I got to say, for 1000+ dollars more a mid drive better blow my socks off when I decide to get one. For right now, this hub motor is doing just fine I think.

What don't I like? This bike beats you up. Every bump is pretty jarring. I have tried dabbling with the air pressure, seat orientation and fork settings. That being said I think every hardtail bike would do it. I'm just making a note for people that may not have been on a bike in awhile. for the last 15 years my off road experience has been on 4 wheelers with nice suspension. A suspension seat post is definitely on the bucket list. Or a fully suspended mid drive haha! The tires.. Loud! Also not much for traction knobs. They look cheap too. I dunno Im really thinking of replacing them. While the motor is very quiet and seems to run smooth, if your off road and the rear tire loses traction or bounces off a root, the gears in the motor sound like they come off sync. This makes a horrible noise and I can't help but think its not good for longevity. It always sounds fine though after words on smooth pavement.

Reading this and your new to E-biking? My opinion, E-biking is awesome. I'm still getting a work out. But I'm also having way more fun than if I was dripping sweat and panting everywhere I went. The beauty is you can always pick how tired you want to feel without limiting your range or destination. When I was coming back to my car on that mushing trail I was sweating hard. It was 80 degrees, the terrain was kicking my butt and millions of mosquitos were swarming me. Despite it being fairly uphill for 2 miles I just hit the pedal assist and flew back. Lots of time just using the throttle so I could catch my breath.

Well that's the first impressions. I'll check back in maybe in 100 miles? or sooner if there is a problem

Btw can you tell me the rim width in your at750? I have emailed m2s and have received a response. Hopefully support is better than presales

R750 200 mile review:

This is my second e-bike and most expensive so far. I did a ton of research and read all sorts of reviews here and also owner reviews and decided this bike did have the best quality and options for the price by several hundred dollars.

I got the large frame and 16 ah battery and I was thoroughly impressed with the quality and features right out of the box with this bike. I doubt you can beat it with any other bike. I was ecstatic that the bike now came with the rack and fenders (a must in Louisiana with the rain). as I use it to commute about 12-14 miles a day plus back and forth to the store and run errands etc.

I used the stock settings on the bike and never tried off road mode yet. I really do not like the idea of having to wash any bike so I prefer to keep it clean and bad-ass looking (it's black) so I keep it on pavement. I weigh about 160 lbs soaking wet so when I take off for work I can get up to 30mph with little or no effort in about 500 ft. I definitely loving the top-end here and that is mainly what I wanted it for however I am still wanting that low-end torque I had gotten so used to with my first 20" 750 watt bike I had. It would pretty much pop a little wheelie right off the line and I could scoot across to a center lane without worry. With the R750 I have to down shift to about 5-6th gear to accommodate the take off. Maybe it's just an adjustment on my part to get used to i dunno. The best part is I have enough top end now to get passed narrow bridges without having to wait for 30 cars to pass. I have not tried any sizable hills but we don't have any here. I will try an over-pass bridge soon but I'm betting I will need at least 20 mph to have the torque in throttle only. I am thinking the low gears on this bike are best suited for trails. I am a top-end freak.

A couple pit-falls I encountered: Everything was flawless the first 2 trips from garage to work and back. I did have a slight brake sensor issue. Parked the bike over-night and next morning display would not power up (heart drop here "noooooo!") It turned out to be a hidden pinch in the wire harness inside the frame and could not see it. I realize it must have happened in shipping as the forks are turned reverse in the box when you get it. Eric from M2S had me back riding again after we trouble-shot everything in a few days. Only other issue is a squirrelly sounding front brake (adjustment?) and slight clacking/racket sound from the motor during PAS or throttle. Not sure what that is yet if anything. Definitely had to swap the seat as my ass could not take it anymore. I have a wide butt springy seat so back problems: eliminated.

I did add an additional pair of awesome strap on rechargeable headlights as I do ride a lot at night and I do notice battery draw off the main so if I need the extra light I have it.

Other than noted above I cannot complain about this bike. I picked M2S over Juiced and Volt. As for the quality and feature mix for the price this is the bike.

M2S R750 All Terrain Bike w/Hub
1K mile report

Overall very satisfied with the performance of the bike. Due to having to change the controller wire almost from the get-go I realized it was hard to deal with the internal routing in the frame unless you are set up for it.
Some issues I am having to keep an eye on:
Front brake making a squirrelly sound with some shuttering while braking.
Squeal from front hub dust shield.
Front hub not as smooth as I would like and have a slight rumble/roughness while holding and spinning the rim by hand.
Rear tire has about 30 percent of the meat left compared to the front tire.
Looking for recommendations for a slightly heavier street/off-road tire other than juggars?

Back